www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > User Interface Plug-ins > User Interface Discussion

User Interface Discussion User Interface Plug-ins

Old June 17th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaliano View Post
I bought it one week ago. And I cannot understand why the problem is still here (I already read an old comment from you).

HST Help Desk recommends me to run mono5.sh, which is not going to fix anything, because libglib2 won't be updated by apt-get dist-upgrade. I have checked it running:
"apt-get -o=APT::Get::Show-User-Simulation-Note=no --simulate dist-upgrade"

If you have any idea of what can I do, please let me know.

Regards,
José
P.S.: By the way, I am going to buy Easy Trigger. Nice plugin, great job!
Dear Spud:

I have found the solution, thanks to Avargaskun. So the credit is not mine...

You have to use aptitude instead of apt-get:

1. Install aptitude: sudo apt-get install aptitude
2. Run mono5.sh. I modified the script changing apt-get to aptitude, but apt-get should work. Run it and reboot.
3. Run "aptitude install mono-devel". First, it will come up to the solution of Not installing mono-devel. You have to tell it that you don't accept it. Then it will propose you another solution: "libmono-webbrowser2.0-cil recommends libgluezilla (>= 2.6)". Say Yes.
4. Mono-devel will be installed after another Yes answer and HSbuddy will "work".

Spud probably Chromecast and Ecobee plugins will work as well.
Old June 17th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Seer

HSEvent error

Hi,

I am getting the follwing error: "Calling HSEvent in plugin HSBuddy, Instance :The given key was not present in the dictionary." from time to time.

Does anyone knows what does it mean?. HSBuddy, after upgrading to latest Mono and installing mono-devel seems to work properly.

Regards,
José
Old June 17th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaqita View Post
Windows 10
That is weird. I'm on Windows 10 and was able to see the plug-in even after uninstalling it. If you click on "Update Listing" from the plug-in management page, do you see any suspicious errors showing in the log?

-Antonio
Old June 17th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Antonio,

just discovered this plugin today - brilliant! Love the geofencing functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avargaskun View Post
Specifically: Yes, the app simply sends lat/lon information to the server (and it only does so when it detects movement, to preserve battery).
One feature request - on the plugin config page I can see map displays of each clients current location. Could you make these maps available in the client app, or post the lat/lon to a device value or some other way of making the maps/current location usable?

Cheers.
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyjee View Post
Hi Antonio,

just discovered this plugin today - brilliant! Love the geofencing functionality.

One feature request - on the plugin config page I can see map displays of each clients current location. Could you make these maps available in the client app, or post the lat/lon to a device value or some other way of making the maps/current location usable?

Cheers.
Hello,

That's a good idea. I'll add it to the list of to-dos

Thanks!
Antonio.
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi All running on Windows...

Can someone let me know what you are seeing the plugin use as far as memory..

Right now, I'm having issues with the system creeping up on memory day by day. I'm looking at my plugins and they all seem to be 30k or less of total memory used (most are ~15 private and ~12 shared)

HSBuddy plugin is running the highest at 60k with 40 private and 20 shared.

I'm running HS3 .445 and the plugin is current version.

Thanks,

Michael
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagaliano View Post
Dear Spud:

I have found the solution, thanks to Avargaskun. So the credit is not mine...

You have to use aptitude instead of apt-get:

1. Install aptitude: sudo apt-get install aptitude
2. Run mono5.sh. I modified the script changing apt-get to aptitude, but apt-get should work. Run it and reboot.
3. Run "aptitude install mono-devel". First, it will come up to the solution of Not installing mono-devel. You have to tell it that you don't accept it. Then it will propose you another solution: "libmono-webbrowser2.0-cil recommends libgluezilla (>= 2.6)". Say Yes.
4. Mono-devel will be installed after another Yes answer and HSbuddy will "work".

Spud probably Chromecast and Ecobee plugins will work as well.
thanks for the info, I will tell the user to try this solution
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Seer

Quote:
That is weird. I'm on Windows 10 and was able to see the plug-in even after uninstalling it. If you click on "Update Listing" from the plug-in management page, do you see any suspicious errors showing in the log?

-Antonio
Yeah, getting errors trying to hit the link below in the updater:
"Jun-18 5:33:10 PM Updater An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Item: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10431268/HSBuddy/updater.txt"

I cannot hit that link in the browser either.
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Yeah, getting errors trying to hit the link below in the updater:
"Jun-18 5:33:10 PM Updater An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. Item: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10431268/HSBuddy/updater.txt"

I cannot hit that link in the browser either.
That is an old link, where the updater file used to be hosted quite a while ago. Do you by any chance have a file called updater_override.txt under your HS3 install folder that may be overriding the proper location?
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Seer

Quote:
That is an old link, where the updater file used to be hosted quite a while ago. Do you by any chance have a file called updater_override.txt under your HS3 install folder that may be overriding the proper location?
I do, Should I delete it? I don't recall why I added if I did it manually
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
I do, Should I delete it? I don't recall why I added if I did it manually
If there are no other overrides in the file then I would remove it. If you have other overrides, then I would just delete the one for HSBuddy.
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Seer

Quote:
If there are no other overrides in the file then I would remove it. If you have other overrides, then I would just delete the one for HSBuddy.
I removed it and was able to load the plugin. Thanks for the help!
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobee View Post
Hi All running on Windows...

Can someone let me know what you are seeing the plugin use as far as memory..

Right now, I'm having issues with the system creeping up on memory day by day. I'm looking at my plugins and they all seem to be 30k or less of total memory used (most are ~15 private and ~12 shared)

HSBuddy plugin is running the highest at 60k with 40 private and 20 shared.

I'm running HS3 .445 and the plugin is current version.

Thanks,

Michael
Hi Michael,

The plug-in will use more memory than before, because I added a feature that keeps a cache of your devices in memory. But memory usage should remain constant once the cache has been initialized. Have you observed the memory usage for the plug-in increase steadily over time?

Antonio.