Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works now, the weird thing is that http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp still shows 1016.

Comment

I believe it was said in a previous post by Mark Sandler that the rollback to 1015 would be labeled as 1016

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        I believe it was said in a previous post by Mark Sandler that the rollback to 1015 would be labeled as 1016

Says 1016 and still, nothing works.

Their customer service SUCKS!
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by papapitufo View Post
          It works now, the weird thing is that http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp still shows 1016.
          Mine too. I sent emails to both Insteon addresses recommended by this board. Didn't get any email response but the PI is working now. And it still says it's 1016. Just glad to have it working.

Comment

1016 Firmware Direct Command Issue

I send the the Email to Insteon with the information yesterday around 5 pm (Sat, Jun 24). Nothing has changed yet and it's around 8 am (Sun, Jun 25). Do they work over the weekend?

Light control, thermostat control, water sensors... all not working .

Thanks

Comment

from the getinfo.asp page, if you click the local ip address link at the top, and login with the credentials on the bottom of the hub you will see something like

Firmware:1015 Build Jun 20 2018 15:40:43
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

After all of this, yesterday my hub died on me. Pretty coincidental, that they push a rollback to me, and the thing dies completely. No lights, no sound, just does nothing.

Just my luck I guess

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteDan View Post
                  After all of this, yesterday my hub died on me. Pretty coincidental, that they push a rollback to me, and the thing dies completely. No lights, no sound, just does nothing.

Just my luck I guess
                  have you performed the factory reset routines? see the manual
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just my luck I guess
                    You may have had the same failure with your hub that a number of people (myself included) experienced after about 2 years of continuous operation. One of the hub’s capacitors is prone to premature failure that results in the hub appearing to be completely dead. The cap is C7 - 47uF/50v. I don’t know if you are handy with a soldering iron, but I was able to replace the cap in my dead hub, and it has been working for about 3 months now. Interestingly, I found my hub dead after one of Insteon’s firmware pushes, and thought it was related. Just a bizarre coincidence in my case. Good luck getting your hub back online!
                    Last edited by automateme; June 24, 2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

After all of this, yesterday my hub died on me....
                      In addition to the great advice from Mark and Aotomateme, the insteon forum has a sticky that reads,
                      "If your Insteon Hub model 2245-222 has stopped working (no LED on front of the hub), Insteon will either repair or replace it, even if it's past the 2-year warranty - restrictions may apply. Please follow these steps to take advantage of this service..."
                      I bolded the relevant text myself. Here is a link to the post with full instructions.

Link to Insteon forum sticky

They replaced my first hub, no questions, very easy.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by randy_h View Post
                        In addition to the great advice from Mark and Aotomateme, the insteon forum has a sticky that reads,
                        "If your Insteon Hub model 2245-222 has stopped working (no LED on front of the hub), Insteon will either repair or replace it, even if it's past the 2-year warranty - restrictions may apply. Please follow these steps to take advantage of this service..."
                        I bolded the relevant text myself. Here is a link to the post with full instructions.

Link to Insteon forum sticky

They replaced my first hub, no questions, very easy.

randy

Comment

They offer a repair or replace option. They offer repair to preserve the device database. Since Mark's plugin can reprogram a replaced hub, the replacement option should be fastest.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            claude,you need to send an email with the correct information to support@

please see post #146 here
                            Mark can you please submit my hub

39.21.8A

Thank you

Comment

Thank you all. I am pretty good with a soldering iron, and may have an extra cap in that range laying around here. I will take a look, otherwise, I agree, I will submit it for replacement.

Thank you all for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                                claude,you need to send an email with the correct information to support@

please see post #146 here

Mark,

I submitted my request but have not heard back from them. Can you submit my request also?

4B:72:F2

All, Thank you for the information you all have gathered and put into this post.

Comment

Working...
                                X