Whole Home Audio - Russound Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Home Audio - Russound Plugin?

I have been looking at using russound for whole house audio.

I have also read rumors of a plugin for russound. Is this plugin still in the works? Will it be compatible with the Russound CAA66?

Thanks

Hi, we are working on a plugin for the CAV 6.6. It currently supports zone routing and the FM/Satellite tuner. We should have a beta out in a few days.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

Will the plugin also support the CAA66? I believe this is very similar to the CAV6.6 except it does not support video.

Thanks

Comment

We have not tried it, but I understand the RNET protocol should be the same. Do you a system? Maybe you can try the beta when we post it and let me know?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

I don't have one now. I am about to buy one, I only need the CAA66, but if the plugin does not work with the CAA66 then I may go the CAV6.6 route. Sorry I can't try it out for you yet.

Comment

The CAA66 should work fine with the plugin, but some of the features will be unavailable due to the fact that the CAA66 has fewer features.

Some examples, the CAA66 has an All Zones Off command, but not one for All Zone On. The CAA66 will also not support other commands like DND, party, etc.

I'm attaching a comparison chart that shows the differences between the Russound systems as far as serial control is concerned.

Cheers,
            Paul
            Attached Files

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
            Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Zone routing?

Now when you say zone routing...are you referring to finally being able to direct sound at one particular zone...

for example, getting HA announcements to go to the intended zone rather than running several dedicated speaker ap clients.

Comment

Thanks for the comparison Paul. Does the CAA66 handle paging? I noticed the Cav6.6 has a seperate input for pages, but I did not find this on the CAA66.

Comment

The CAV6.6 is the only model in the Russound Line-up that has paging capability.

Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
                  Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Working...
                  X