X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer 2.x install dependant in Homeseer 1.x install

Maybe just maybe...
    Last edited by ; November 12, 2006, 05:21 PM.

Hello,

There is a simple fix. Uninstall HS 1.x, then install HS 2.1 in a new folder. You can copy over any items from the 1.x install. All COM plugins are registered to a specific folder, so you can't delete them, or move them manually. Hence one of the reasons Microsoft has dropped COM in favor of .NET.

When you uninstall 1.7 it will not remove any files that you updated. Backup the entire 1.7 folder just in case something does get removed.

The reason you cannot delete any files is because the Windows installer is monitoring the folder and it won't allow you to delete anything.

The 2.1 installer only installs required system files, not any plugins. So you can manually remove files after installing 2.1. Use the 2.1 updater to install any required plugins. Hope this makes sense.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
      Hello,

There is a simple fix. Uninstall HS 1.x, then install HS 2.1 in a new folder. You can copy over any items from the 1.x install. All COM plugins are registered to a specific folder, so you can't delete them, or move them manually. Hence one of the reasons Microsoft has dropped COM in favor of .NET.

When you uninstall 1.7 it will not remove any files that you updated. Backup the entire 1.7 folder just in case something does get removed.

The reason you cannot delete any files is because the Windows installer is monitoring the folder and it won't allow you to delete anything.

The 2.1 installer only installs required system files, not any plugins. So you can manually remove files after installing 2.1. Use the 2.1 updater to install any required plugins. Hope this makes sense.
      Thank you very much Windows...I'll give it a try...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh
        Hello,

So far this seems to be working well.
        Forgive me for my rant!

Comment

Originally posted by KLS
          Maybe just maybe...
          I must be getting old. How it the world did Rich figure out what you were asking for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            I must be getting old. How it the world did Rich figure out what you were asking for this?
            Last edited by KLS : Today at 02:21 PM.

~Bill

Comment

So there was more to the post earlier?

Comment

That's the only thing that makes sense.

~Bill

Comment

So far this seems to be working well.
                  Forgive me for my rant!

I appears to be a retracted rant. Might have had one or two of those in my day.

~Bill

Comment

Those older Cylon models have been known to be a bit tempermental.

~Bill

Comment

Old, temperamental, those fit, but how do I know if I am a cylon or not? Seems these days everyone might be.

Bill

Comment

What's cylon?

Comment

Rupp, its called TV, you know one of those things that looks like a computer but doesn't have a keyboard or mouse?
                          Over The Hill
                          What Hill?
                          Where?
                          When?
                          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Oh. I think I have one of those. Yes I'm watching it now. That's the beauty of having a few laptops, they allow you to multi-task.

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus
                              Old, temperamental, those fit, but how do I know if I am a cylon or not? Seems these days everyone might be.

Bill
                              There are still models left, unless Baltar is one...

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X