Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra CID3 won't reconnect & Putty showing 11R for I/C CID

Hi All,

I installed this plugin sometime ago and now wish to use it, firstly it was showing the line on and off hook OK, also Pp in putty. The CID was not showing at all in the plugin and all I see in putty is "11R" or 1R for CID. I SUSPECT THAT SOME OF THE MODEM SETTING ARE NOT RIGHT! This is a guess on my part but I do see CID on a CID display device that I use for testing. I have 4 lines capable of receiving CID and have plugged the CID into 3 out of the 4 and see the calling number each and every time, the device has been connected to the end of the modem lead each time. I am using a conexant CX93010 which I think is the recommended modem although I cannot find the post, I did find this post from Raptor.

Hi,

I got a :
    USB 56k MODEM External FAX V.92 V92 Conexant 93010

on ebay:
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

for about 15bucks and it works great with this plugin.

Raptor

Not seeing the digits in the plugin I decided to disconnect and reconnect the modem, IT'S STUCK on reconnect image attached, despite re installing the plugin it is still stuck. I am now stuck myself and not sure what to try next.

Any and all help appreciated.

Peter
    Attached Files

Bump. - Anybody!

Comment

Ultra CID3 won't reconnect & Putty showing 11R for I/C CID - Fixed

Hi All,

Well I have finally managed to fix this.
      Not quite sure how or why it broke.

Firstly tried disabling and re enabling the plugin this did not work.
      Removed and uninstalled the modem, plugged in the modem, restarted windows this did not work. The modem showed up in device manager.
      Unplugged the modem, plugged in the modem, re installed the drivers restarted windows and hey presto all is working. Hmmm!

Hope this might be a pointer if some one else has a problem although I have no idea why it did not work in the first place.

Peter

Comment

Ultra CID3 - Not updating Caller ID

Hi All,

Similar but not the same, basically the plugin was half working, just happened to notice the number had not changed, on retry the number still did not update although On hook / Off hook worked fine.
        Disabling and re-enableing the plugin made no difference, tried restarting with putty commands, no difference.
        Reloaded the drivers, re-installed the modem and restarted HS and hunky dory again.

Anybody else having any issues.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
          Hi All,

Similar but not the same, basically the plugin was half working, just happened to notice the number had not changed, on retry the number still did not update although On hook / Off hook worked fine.
          Disabling and re-enableing the plugin made no difference, tried restarting with putty commands, no difference.
          Reloaded the drivers, re-installed the modem and restarted HS and hunky dory again.

Anybody else having any issues.

Peter
          From UltraCID > Options > Modem Configuration, Drop Caller, click the "Reset To Default", then click the Save button.
          From UltraCID > Options > Modem Configuration, Modem Initialization, click the "Reset To Default", then click the Save button.

Please then call your home number from your mobile phone a few times to see if caller Id is working. Then, add a block call attribute to your phone via the UltraCID3 HSPI and call in again to confirm it was blocked. Then remove the block attribute and call in again to confirm CID is still working.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra CID3 - Not updating Caller ID

Thanks Ultra,
            Will give it a try if I get this issue again. Although I do believe every thing is already set at default.

Peter

Comment

Lost CID - Again

Hi Ultra,
              Lost the CID again,

Tried,
              From UltraCID > Options > Modem Configuration, Drop Caller, click the "Reset To Default", then click the Save button.
              From UltraCID > Options > Modem Configuration, Modem Initialization, click the "Reset To Default", then click the Save button.

Did not work, then disabled and re-enabled the plugin followed by:-

It worked.

Nice to have a fix but curious as to what causes it to lock up in the first place?

Don't use the number blocking at all and is still at default:-
              Use Number Block Mask No ^8(00|88|77|66)
              as is
              Use Name Block Yes TOLL FREE CALL
              and
              Add Announce Attribute Yes

Hope something here might be a clue.

Peter
              Last edited by Pervez2602; December 20, 2014, 03:12 PM. Reason: Extra info added

Comment

You may want to try removing the drivers that came with the modem and just use the Windows default drivers.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Lost CID - Again.

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  You may want to try removing the drivers that came with the modem and just use the Windows default drivers.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Well didn't remove the drivers, the plugin seemed to have settled down and been running OK for ages. That lulled me into a false sense of security and the plugin stopped working.
                  Tried all the things I had done before but nothing worked! Just the number part again.
                  Wasn't really to sure where to find the drivers but found them in both "Program files" and "Program filesx86" under conexant. Uninstalled the modem and deleted everything in the conexant folder in both locations.
                  Restarted HS and everything is good.
                  Hopefully no more issues as I am heavily dependent on this Plugin. Thanks once again Ultra for the pearls of wisdom.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X