Clear All

Originally posted by jfla View Post
    Hello, Jeubanks

I use v.45

Some change for devices:

Good plugin

Thanks,

jean-francois
    For the 100% yes I will update that. Good catch.

For the others why have the space after the number that doesn't match the rest of HS3 devices. Nothing else has a space before the % sign. However if you really want it, this is configurable and you can add it. The device Status Graphics information is not modified after initial creation (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
      Hi, jeubanks

Good Morning

I live in France and Life360 is configured in French....(sorry)

In Life360 application , my location for home is "Domicile"

I changed device, but i'm always " Away".

see log and copyscreen

Thanks

Jean-Francois.
      In the current releases the Home/Away status are Static.

The Home part will change on the next release which will include Importing of Places from Life360 which will create "Home" or whatever it is called in Life360. In the first release this will also be Static After Creation. So whatever you have setup in Life360 is what will get created in the Plugin.

The Away will always be Static. There is no universal setting that I can pull from Life360 to create an Away. Away has been changed to mean any unknown location. Logic goes If not Known Place then Away and display the Address of location as there is no "name" to associate with it.

Comment

Wife and I ran an errand and the first thing we noticed is when we left our Home zone neither of our phones sounded the leaving alert. Next her phone showed us going down a particular street, which was correct, but then all of a sudden it returned her icon back to Home and that is where it stayed for our entire errand. My phone showed us moving and for the most part was correct but the time it took it to show where we were was ridiculous. By the time it showed where we were really at we had moved on. Then again as we entered the Home zone there was no alert.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          Wife and I ran an errand and the first thing we noticed is when we left our Home zone neither of our phones sounded the leaving alert. Next her phone showed us going down a particular street, which was correct, but then all of a sudden it returned her icon back to Home and that is where it stayed for our entire errand. My phone showed us moving and for the most part was correct but the time it took it to show where we were was ridiculous. By the time it showed where we were really at we had moved on. Then again as we entered the Home zone there was no alert.
          That's from the Life360 Phone app right? Yeah I've noticed it being VERY slow and not responsive the last week while I've been writing this plugin. It used to be very responsive. I think with an explosion of people they weren't very prepared.

I don't use Life360 for time sensitive events in HS such as opening the Garage door when I get home or closing it when I leave. I use PHLocation for that. I do like Life360 for herding the cats (family and kids) so when my son and his girlfriend leave I have events to turn off their lights, turn off the heat etc or for general checkup type stuff. It works well for a family and checking in on things. I tried switching 100% to PHLocation but I've only managed to get it loaded on 2 out of 5 phones... trying to get a phone from the kids is like I'm trying to pull a tooth or something.

I found another issue with Life360 today as well. It never reports offline status. All day long I've had my phone disconnected from Life360 on purpose waiting to see when I would go offline on the web page and when the json output would update with a disconnected status....nope never happened. So I'm gonna have to find a work around for this.

Comment

Release: 0.0.2.16
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...98&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              That's from the Life360 Phone app right? Yeah I've noticed it being VERY slow and not responsive the last week while I've been writing this plugin. It used to be very responsive. I think with an explosion of people they weren't very prepared.

I don't use Life360 for time sensitive events in HS such as opening the Garage door when I get home or closing it when I leave. I use PHLocation for that. I do like Life360 for herding the cats (family and kids) so when my son and his girlfriend leave I have events to turn off their lights, turn off the heat etc or for general checkup type stuff. It works well for a family and checking in on things. I tried switching 100% to PHLocation but I've only managed to get it loaded on 2 out of 5 phones... trying to get a phone from the kids is like I'm trying to pull a tooth or something.

I found another issue with Life360 today as well. It never reports offline status. All day long I've had my phone disconnected from Life360 on purpose waiting to see when I would go offline on the web page and when the json output would update with a disconnected status....nope never happened. So I'm gonna have to find a work around for this.

Yes it was from the app. It did at one time send the out of zone and in the zone alerts so they must really be bogged. I don't have any events that do anything important, like you, and I won't, so just testing for you for now.

Comment

Is there a way to stop informational logging. Every minute I get two log entries:

May-16 9:00:18 AM Life360 Life360: Michelle Devices Updated...
                May-16 9:00:18 AM Life360 Life360: Randy Devices Updated...
                May-16 8:59:18 AM Life360 Life360: Michelle Devices Updated...
                May-16 8:59:18 AM Life360 Life360: Randy Devices Updated...

The plug-in seems to be working well, but the Life360 service itself is (as has been mentioned) is not very good. It seems that the iOS clients are very hit or miss about sending updates in the background. I am still watching mine, but it seems too slow for using in automation.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Is there a way to stop informational logging. Every minute I get two log entries:

May-16 9:00:18 AM Life360Life360: Michelle Devices Updated...
                  May-16 9:00:18 AM Life360Life360: Randy Devices Updated...
                  May-16 8:59:18 AM Life360Life360: Michelle Devices Updated...
                  May-16 8:59:18 AM Life360Life360: Randy Devices Updated...

The plug-in seems to be working well, but the Life360 service itself is (as has been mentioned) is not very good. It seems that the iOS clients are very hit or miss about sending updates in the background. I am still watching mine, but it seems too slow for using in automation.
                  I will reduce logging in the next update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it work on linux?

Hi,

Tried enabeling your Plugin, checke that username and password gets written to the ini file correctly however I get an error message in the log.

Running linux with Mono 5.0.1.1

Code:
                    Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                      Hi,

Tried enabeling your Plugin, checke that username and password gets written to the ini file correctly however I get an error message in the log.

Running linux with Mono 5.0.1.1

Code:
                      Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0
                      Thanks for trying. I have not tested this with Linux yet and I don't have a test box (at the moment). I do plan on eventually getting this to run on linux though.

What version of the plugin are you using?

Comment

Latest Version: 0.0.2.59
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...98&postcount=1

Comment

I have a quick question about the zones. How do we determine when someone leaves a zone. As far as I can see is there are 2 choices. 1. Away and 2. in transit. In using 'in transit' it will trigger each time someone has started moving again, but using 'away' only implies that they have left the 'home' zone.

Is this correct? Is the best way to determine someone leaving a zone 'in transit'? How do you know which zone they just left?

Comment

I have a quick question about the zones. How do we determine when someone leaves a zone. As far as I can see is there are 2 choices. 1. Away and 2. in transit. In using 'in transit' it will trigger each time someone has started moving again, but using 'away' only implies that they have left the 'home' zone.

Is this correct? Is the best way to determine someone leaving a zone 'in transit'? How do you know which zone they just left?
                            Now you're getting difficult.

With Life360 there really isn't a concept of enter/leave like with other geofence systems. Within Life360 you either are or are not (True/False) at a Known Location ("Place"). If you are not at a "Place" then only an address will be displayed and hence with the Plugin you will be "Away". In essence I've built somewhat of a geo fencing system with the Away concept.

Enter/Be In a Place = True being a Known Place or Status for the Device
                            Leave/Exit/Not Be in a Place or be in an Unknown Place = Away status for the Device

Turning into events could be :

if john location is equal to - > Place
                            if john location is not equal to -> place
                            If john location changes and becomes -> place

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                              Now you're getting difficult.

With Life360 there really isn't a concept of enter/leave like with other geofence systems. Within Life360 you either are or are not (True/False) at a Known Location ("Place"). If you are not at a "Place" then only an address will be displayed and hence with the Plugin you will be "Away". In essence I've built somewhat of a geo fencing system with the Away concept.

Enter/Be In a Place = True being a Known Place or Status for the Device
                              Leave/Exit/Not Be in a Place or be in an Unknown Place = Away status for the Device

Turning into events could be :

if john location is equal to - > Place
                              if john location is not equal to -> place
                              If john location changes and becomes -> place

, just kidding. So I guess using 'not equal to' or 'in transit true' could be considered the same. So I guess there will be no "Elvis has left the MGM Grand"!

Comment

, just kidding. So I guess using 'not equal to' or 'in transit true' could be considered the same. So I guess there will be no "Elvis has left the MGM Grand"!
                                Yeah... could be lots of permutations that could be linked together.

As for Elvis....well I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X