www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Jon00's plugins and scripts

Jon00's plugins and scripts Discussions related to Jon00's plugins and scripts.

Old October 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Super Seer

APCUPSD Script

Jon, I've been using your APCUPSD script to read status information from the service. I wanted to ask you some advice though. I don't get a lot of runtimeout of my UPS, 20 min or so. How often do you get your script to run to pick up accurate data? I mean, in normal conditions I run mine every 3 mins, which is fine, but in power outages, 3 min is a lot of time.

I just wondered how you make use of the script to get more granular detail into HS when the UPS goes onto battery.
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
OverSeer

I've never used this script as it was written for someone else. As a suggestion you could use the low line voltage trigger script/event functionality. This would trigger another event with a shorter recurring time to run the UPS script. You could also disable the existing event that runs the script if you wanted. This could be reset back to normal when the line voltage returns.

Old October 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Super Seer

OK, we were thinking along the same lines, thanks very much Jon - will implement that way. Thanks for a great script though, very useful as I'm running HS on a VM (so no USB support) and have multiple servers running off the UPS.
Old October 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
OverSeer

One thought, you may need to check on startup that you have the slower event enabled...just in case homeseer is shutdown by the UPS due to lack of battery capacity.