Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Plugin fails

Hey guys,

Need some help with a recent restore I did on a HomeTroller. I have restored my plugin from a backup but did not copy over the license file. Now, the plugin won't initialize the IR portion, I get this error:

10/14/2013 4:44:01 PM - Error - Unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cac :Either no license or trial has expired

But the rest of the plugin inits just fine. On the license page, it shows that the plugin is fulling licensed and does not report any errors.

Also, when I restored the config files, the labels did not restore right. I have the main setup restored ok but, on the IR tab, all of my zones are missing along with all of the associations of zones to the individual IR commands.

I restored the following into the config folder:

GlobalCacheIR.dat
    GlobalCacheV4.ini
    IR-Labels.1
    IR-Labels.2
    IR-Labels.3
    IR-Labels.4
    IR-Labels.5
    IR-Labels.ini
    IR-Zones.1
    IR-Zones.2
    IR-Zones.3
    IR-Zones.4
    IR-Zones.5
    IR-Zones.ini

Now, I am also getting this error:

10/14/2013 4:44:14 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
    10/14/2013 4:44:14 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
    10/14/2013 4:44:10 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
    10/14/2013 4:44:10 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
    10/14/2013 4:44:17 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
    10/14/2013 4:44:17 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.

Whenever the plugin inits at startup. I have issued a ticket on this before and it has been over a year since Jon has replied to it. He did mention he would get around to it but, not sure when that is. Hoping another smart person can help.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Disable the plugin and restart HS. Then use a browser other than IE to enable the plugin and it should fix the truncation issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Greg,

Thank you for the update. I use Chrome exclusively so I am not sure how to fix this. I went to the hometroller, open a browser on the troller in IE and then restarted HS. Next, I went to Chrome on another computer and re-enabled and it did not fix the issue.

I also still get this error in the HS log even when the GC plugin is fully disabledL

10/14/2013 7:31:15 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing infrared interface Global Cac
      10/14/2013 7:31:15 PM - Error - Unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cac :Either no license or trial has expired

10/14/2013 7:41:52 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:52 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:48 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:48 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:44 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:44 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.
      10/14/2013 7:41:36 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in Global Cache
      10/14/2013 7:41:35 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: Global Cache
      10/14/2013 7:41:35 PM - Global Cache - Register callback completed

What else can you recommend?
      Last edited by Dafunktyfunk; October 14, 2013, 09:39 PM.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

What version of HS are you running on this HT? This error has been fixed in the latest release of the plugin and HS. You could try editing the settings.ini file found in the config directory setting the line to look like this:
        gSelectedIRInterface=Global Cache

Comment

Re: GC Plugin fails

Thanks Greg, not sure where to put that though,can you be more specific? I mean I know where the file is just need to know where in the file to place that. The odd thing is that this error stems from a recent restore and was working ok before the restore.

I am running .81 of hspro and .9, from the updater, of the gc plug.

Comment

search your settings.ini file for gSelectedIRInterface and replace what is there with gSelectedIRInterface=Global Cache

Comment

OK, I just searched the settings.ini and there is no line in there like this. Where do i add it?

Ok, I just inserted it right above the gSelectedZwave line and I still get the errors as above. Both that the IR license is no good or missing and all the other time out errors.

Comment

If you do not have that line then you need to re-install the plugin from the updater and activate it with Chrome preferably.

Comment

Thanks Greg, I have actually done that several times, I tried that before I posted. I have tried to remove it and reinstall and still no changes.

Comment

I'm not sure what is going on as I just loaded a fresh install of HS2 (.81) here and loaded the .9 version of GC plugin and it worked using Chrome on a PC. I do not have a HomeTroller to test with here.

Comment

Ok, I'm not sure what is going on.

Can you tell me where all of the plugins files are? I want to manually remove it all and then start again. I think I may be missing some files in the removal process.

Comment

Hey Rupp (Greg),

I would like to completely remove this plugin from the system and try to start over. How can I do that? I need a list of all files and locations.

Can you help?

Comment

Ok Greg,

I have the IR License thing sorted, kind of. For now, it has gone away but, every time the plugin is disabled and then subsequently enabled, I have to go back into the ini file to fix the issue again. It appears that what the plugin is inserting into the ini is gSelectedIRInterface=Global Cac and I have to go in and add the "he" to the end of Cache.

Does not matter what browser disables or enables it, I get the same issue.

Issue number 2 is that I still get the:

10/15/2013 7:28:52 PM - Global Cache Error - Time out occured because carriage return not received. The request was not processed.

Error and I can't get it to not show up. The ini files for the plugin look good so, I am not sure what is going on. How can I fix this?

Comment

This truncation issue has plagued HS for a long time but doesn't happen in out testing using Chrome. I'm not familiar with the error you posted. I would recommend putting in a bugzilla report on this issue. You may also want to try Ultras GC plugin in the meantime as I do not believe Rich and crew are working any HS2 plugin issues at this point.

Comment

Thanks, Greg.

But that is not a free plugin. I bought HS2 PRO because of all of the included plugins.

Also, I have had a bug ticket on this opened since Jun 2012. Jon was working on it but then he said that he was too busy. There are a lot of issues I guess still open with this plugin that I am hoping will get worked.

There are at least three people who have my same exact situation that have posted about it on a separate thread.

Are you saying that HS will abandon this plugin like they did some of the others?

Comment

Working...
                              X