Feature request for Season/Episode info in Device Listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request for Season/Episode info in Device Listing

Just added a feature request #459. Just wanted to show the formatting in the example since we can't show something like that when entering in the feature request.

Thanks

-------------------------------
    Would be great if we could have an option per reminder/favorite that we could display the Episode Title and/or Season and Episode when saving to a device. Would be extremely useful for sporting events...not so much for The Big Bang Theory which is why I would like it to be an option per reminder/favorite.

Example:
    NFL Football
    Chicago Bears at New England Patriots

Just like it shows in the schedule, first line bold, second line smaller if possible.

Thanks!
    -------------------------------

Another Example:

1:00 PM - NFL Football (Channel 25)
    Chicago Bears at New England Patriots
    1:30 PM - NASCAR Racing (Channel 206)
    Sprint Cup: Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500
    9:00 PM - Halloween Wars (Channel 231)
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Great idea. That would be useful.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've requested a few additional features as well:
      1. convert a reminder to a favorite so that additional search criteria can be set. As an example, if I have a reminder for NFL Football, convert it to a favorite will allow me to change it so that it can check if the episode title contains Seahawks. Another example is Nascar Racing where I can check the episode for Sprint Cup as I don't want to be reminded of Nationwide and Truck Series.
      2. add a reminder for a single show. In cases where I may have missed an old episode, I want to set a reminder for an upcoming show on a specific channel time, but not have a reminder for all old episodes of that show. That reminder can auto-delete or deactivate when the show is over.
      3. add a "Does not Contain" option for searching & favorites to allow excluding certain episode titles.

Cheers
      Al
      Last edited by sparkman; October 28, 2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I like the 3rd one, "Does not contain"...that could come in handy.

As for #1, wouldn't it be just as easy to delete your reminder and just create a favorite?

I use favorites for all sports, works great!
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
          I like the 3rd one, "Does not contain"...that could come in handy.
          I mainly intend to use if for sports, especially racing. As an example, I don't want reminders for Nationwide or qualifying & practices so want to exclude those.

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
          As for #1, wouldn't it be just as easy to delete your reminder and just create a favorite?
          I'm kind of lazy that way . Yes, that's what I'm doing now, but typically I look through the schedule to see a show I want to create a reminder for and click the link to do so. Afterwards, for some, I want to change how it behaves and then change it to a favorite. If I've set other parameters such as scripting or triggering events, I have to enter all those over again.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I'm kind of lazy that way . Yes, that's what I'm doing now, but typically I look through the schedule to see a show I want to create a reminder for and click the link to do so. Afterwards, for some, I want to change how it behaves and then change it to a favorite. If I've set other parameters such as scripting or triggering events, I have to enter all those over again.

Cheers
            Al
            Yes you are lazy
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

LOL.

Comment

One more hand up here... :-)
                Don

Comment

Thanks Bob, for adding those changes. It's working great.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Working...
                  X