use Arduino As uirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use Arduino As uirt?

Have anyone try to get arduino as Usb Uirt?
    A big plus are it possible to use ethernet connection

You can use a Z-UNO for this purpose. Arduino smarts with native Z-Wave.

http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/rs-485

Comment

Last edited by Black Cat; July 21, 2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

You can also use a ESP8266 and an IR LED if you need transmission (not sure it works on receive), I built one unit for virtually nothing and have a LAN IR module.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          You can also use a ESP8266 and an IR LED if you need transmission (not sure it works on receive), I built one unit for virtually nothing and have a LAN IR module.
          THx For the input. Have you done any update? to see if you can receive?
          can you also send the code?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
            You can use a Z-UNO for this purpose. Arduino smarts with native Z-Wave.

http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/rs-485
            HI thx
            I forgott about this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Daarn View Post

THx For the input. Have you done any update? to see if you can receive?
              can you also send the code?
              I've been using one (node MCU) for almost a year now to do just that. It receives and decodes IR and transmits IR. It works quite well. I have it communicating UDP and am using the drhsIpPlugIn to communicate from it to HomeSeer. I have receive events in HomeSeer to toggle room lights and lamps on and off, and to trigger IR out to help set up the AVR, TV, and Dish box.

One of the cool ones is this. If it is after a certain time at night and it goes more than 30 minutes since an IR command is received, it turns the TV/Dish/Avr off if they were on. It's an intelligent sleep timer of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post

I've been using one (node MCU) for almost a year now to do just that. It receives and decodes IR and transmits IR. It works quite well. I have it communicating UDP and am using the drhsIpPlugIn to communicate from it to HomeSeer. I have receive events in HomeSeer to toggle room lights and lamps on and off, and to trigger IR out to help set up the AVR, TV, and Dish box.

One of the cool ones is this. If it is after a certain time at night and it goes more than 30 minutes since an IR command is received, it turns the TV/Dish/Avr off if they were on. It's an intelligent sleep timer of sorts.
                That sounds very nice. It evering I has looking for. will you share the code for the MCU? and what IR part you use?
                Maybe also have you have setup you event in homeseer?

Comment

That sounds very nice. It evering I has looking for. will you share the code for the MCU? and what IR part you use?
                  Maybe also have you have setup you event in homeseer?
                  Yes, of course I will share it all. It's fairly specific to my situation, but you should be able to figure out how to change it to fit you.
                  Can you PM me your email address?

Comment

i like this idea... I'm starting to look into how to replace a Pronto TSU9600

Devoir

Comment

I have posted some barely documented code here: https://github.com/joegr123/ESP8266-IR-UDP
                      It is specific to me, so it will all have to be modified. Think of it as a possible starting point.

Comment

Thx looks very nice. Do you have any list of ir part you use receive

Comment

It was one I had in my parts bin from who knows when. Probably something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Rece...no+ir+receiver

Comment

But I don't need to use your script to get stuff working I can just use drhsIpPlugIn and usb-uirt plugin?

Comment

But I don't need to use your script to get stuff working I can just use drhsIpPlugIn and usb-uirt plugin?
                              You would have to rewrite the Arduino code I posted to be able to use it with the usb-uirt plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X