Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would really like to see Scene support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would really like to see Scene support.

Scenes are a native function in the Omni panel.
    I can't imagine the coding is any less complicated that calling for scene number XX in Omnilink.

This plugin works extremely well and is very quick in response.

Adding Scene support seems like a no brainer.

Thanks for a great plugin!

Hi Desert_AIP
    Yeah, sending the scene command is very easy. The tricky part is HS - I need to build the web interface, devices, event processing, etc.

That said, I should have it ready very soon

I'll post in this group when the new version is available.

Thanks!
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Awesome thanks!

I'm really enjoying HS and this plugin, it provides an entirely new dimension to my OmniPro install.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_AIP View Post
        Awesome thanks!

I'm really enjoying HS and this plugin, it provides an entirely new dimension to my OmniPro install.
        What Scenes do you currently use? I am planning support for the following:
        • HLC
        • Centralite
        • Compose
        • Leviton DHC

I thought about including Z-Wave scenes, but it's really better off having that inside HS.

Thoughts?

Comment

I use HLC and the additional free UPB scenes to perform some actions, like All Lights On and multi-room scenes, that is not part of the HLC system.

When I program the Omni I always enter the HLC scenes in the UPB scene area as well, redundant, but the UPB Scenes can have real names rather than A, B, C, D. PCAccess will swap it to an HLC scene if I enter a UPB scene. They are identical when transmitted over the powerline, the HLC system is merely a convention for allocating unit IDs and pre-programming status tracking behavior. I've done extensive testing with tailoring the HLC environment to get it to do what I want it to do.

If you can't add support for both HLC and UPB, then the UPB support would also work for HLC. The devices, PIM and powerline see no difference. The Omni responds to the "UPB" scenes the same as "HLC" scenes.

I believe it's merely a scene type bit in OmniLink which specifies the type of scene, or the register where that scene is stored. Is that correct?

One behavior I noticed already.
          If I add a device for the room in HS, even if there is no physical device since HLC Rooms must be named in the first unit slot (even if no device present), when I give the on and off commands to that device, the Omni is sending the HLC Room On and Off link commands. Most of my HLC rooms do not have room controllers, but this is an easy way to turn the room on and off that is already implemented in the plugin. Although I suspect that it's really the OmniPro panel interpreting a command to turn the room on as the trigger to send the room On command via the PIM. And then send the associated room status request polls.

Really the only missing scenes are the A-D HLC room scenes, the macros and the free to use UPB scenes.

Comment

Personally thinking support of all scenes would be better.

Here utilize X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee PIMs.

I also have the HS3 UPB plugin, ZWave PIM, X10 (CM11A and TW523) and soon Zigbee.

Preference though is to manage all from the OmniPro 2 panel.

There are users of the plugin here that utilize ZWave and Zigbee and RadioRA with their Omni Pro 2 panel.

[ATTACH]65322[/ATTACH]
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete - how do you trigger an HLC scene or Z-Wave scene from PC Access? Mine does not show that option.
              Attached Files

Comment

HLC scenes can be triggered under the UPB Link area.
                That's what I was attempting to describe above.
                If the HLC scene (say Room 1 Scene A which is UPB Link 3) entered in the UPB scene schedule in the setup area, PCAccess will automatically translate it to the proper HLC scene.
                i.e., if you select "Send UPB Link" then "Link 3" (or whatever name you give it).
                Then it will translate to "Send HLC Room 1 Scene A ON".
                In the UPB schedule you can give it the name "Room 1 Scene A" or something more descriptive such as "Kitchen 80%".
                So when you select it in PCAccess you can use the more readily understandable English description rather than remembering the function of Scene A in Room 1.

Or,
                the 6 room scenes can be controlled in the Control Unit section under the first device which is the named Room Controller entry (even if a physical device is not installed, there must be a room entry here to "activate" the HLC room).
                There are also HLC Macro and House Controller commands in this section.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Personally thinking support of all scenes would be better.

Here utilize X10, UPB, ZWave and Zigbee PIMs.

I also have the HS3 UPB plugin, ZWave PIM, X10 (CM11A and TW523) and soon Zigbee.

Preference though is to manage all from the OmniPro 2 panel.

There are users of the plugin here that utilize ZWave and Zigbee and RadioRA with their Omni Pro 2 panel.

[ATTACH]65322[/ATTACH]

I agree it would make sense to support all of the scenes.
                  I use ZigBee and UPB here.

Comment

First, I am very NewBEE to HomeSeer...

Thanks for the info on the scene limitation on the plug-in--saved some serious brain pain on my end.

I echo the earlier comments shared about your plug-in. Nice clean style points. Nice UI.

If understand your replies there at time no work around to trigger a Omni Scene with your plugin.

I am just starting a Homeseer to OmniProII to Centralite integration with a final integration to Alexa once the previous three stages are all dialed in.

Based on my system and perspective the Scenes triggers are foundational to my integration efforts.

My Centralite has 180+ loads and 150+ scenes. One scene example is the Kitchen has 12 unique loads mapped to one scene at various dimmer settings.

If you need a alpha or beta tester for you dev efforts to revise the plug-in for scenes please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Gone View Post
                      First, I am very NewBEE to HomeSeer...

Thanks for the info on the scene limitation on the plug-in--saved some serious brain pain on my end.

I echo the earlier comments shared about your plug-in. Nice clean style points. Nice UI.

If understand your replies there at time no work around to trigger a Omni Scene with your plugin.

I am just starting a Homeseer to OmniProII to Centralite integration with a final integration to Alexa once the previous three stages are all dialed in.

Based on my system and perspective the Scenes triggers are foundational to my integration efforts.

My Centralite has 180+ loads and 150+ scenes. One scene example is the Kitchen has 12 unique loads mapped to one scene at various dimmer settings.

If you need a alpha or beta tester for you dev efforts to revise the plug-in for scenes please let me know
                      Thanks Gone. Scene support is taking a bit longer than I expected. I'm trying to make it somewhat PCAccess-like from a HS perspective. I'm still working on it though.

The only way to trigger an existing scene with the current version is to use an OMNI button or flag.

Comment

CBUs Support

I am looking at using the Omni panel to interface between my Cbus lighting system and HomeSeer does the Omni PlugIn support the CBus protocol ?
                        Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          I am looking at using the Omni panel to interface between my Cbus lighting system and HomeSeer does the Omni PlugIn support the CBus protocol ?
                          Thanks for your help.
                          I have not tested CBus, but it uses HLC, which is OMNI's protocol.
                          The best thing to do is try it out for 30d and see if it works for you.

Comment

update: no longer quite as much of a nue-bee

got alexa to work operating my centralite scenes using just lots of omni pro II buttons

These centralite scenes are managed to either an [on] state or an [off] state using your homeseer omni plug-in working with the omni pro II as the pass through to centralite

one button for Scene ON: [alexa] [turn on] [button name]
                            "button name" is mapped to turn-on a specific centralite scene number

another button for Scene OFF: [alexa] [turn on] [button name "0"]
                            "button name 0" is mapped to turn-off the earlier specific centralite scene number

the use of [turn on] to command Alexa for both on and off requests seemed disjointed at first but I got it later as to why is made sense with this approach using button mapping to get scenes to work

this approach will consume twice as many buttons but it does get the job done....

the zero on the end of the button name allowed me to reuse the button name in alexa for the same scene and keep it straight forward when controlling the numerous mapped devices

that syntax structure being that a zero tagged on the end of of [button name] means off state being commanded to the mapped centralite scene

fireplaces and lights--done deal with Alexa for me Yeah!

on to my next nue-bee experience getting my very old RC-80 four OMNIStat Hvac thermostats integrated to Omni to play nice-nice with Alexa.

thanks again for the plug-in for this very dated tech i have
                            in my house and your pointers which allowed me to avoid mass quantities of "brain-pain"....

now if I can ever get my head wrapped
                            around flags in context with all things centalite things might get exciting

Comment

Second Support for Scenes

I wholly support the addition of scenes.

Just bought and installed HT Zee for the express purpose to using Google assistant to control the panel and lighting. Installed the controller and the Omni plugin and after just a few minute of fooling around, I was talking to the lights!

Next step, controlling groups of lights. This is set up for me with UPB scenes. Alas, no scenes in the HT Zee. I realize that buttons can be used to do this but buttons it are a clumsy workaround i.e. you can turn a button off. This workaround would require a lot of new buttons and added logic to turn them off (the scene) when receiving a button command to interpret as a toggle function.

I short...YES, I support the addition of scenes!

Comment

Working...
                              X