Event Keeps Sending Repeating Emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Keeps Sending Repeating Emails?

First off, let me admit I'm pretty new to z-Wave events, so perhaps this will be a simple question.

I've created an event to be sure that when the temperature drops a small heater is activated to keep my backflow preventer from freezing. The even works really well with one exception. The two weather stations continue to update the current temperature and, if it's below the threshold set the event keeps sending me emails and tripping the alarm.

I thought the [B"And/If Outside Outside Backflow Heater Bulb Switch has a value equal to OFF"[/B] would stop subsequent emails and alarms, but it doesn't.

Ideally, I'd get one email and the alarm would be tripped once when the temperature (as reported by one of the weather stations) dropped below the set threshold.

What am I missing? Why isn't events being triggered stopped after the event has been triggered the first time and the heater bulb switch is "On"?

Thanks, in advance.

Current Date/Time: 1/18/2018 6:54:39 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 13 Hours 37 Minutes 23 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.2
    Number of Devices: 108
    Number of Events: 30
    Available Threads: 382

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.20: Ecobee
    1.1.17344.311: MyQ
    3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

Originally posted by SJ Miller View Post
    First off, let me admit I'm pretty new to z-Wave events, so perhaps this will be a simple question.

I've created an event to be sure that when the temperature drops a small heater is activated to keep my backflow preventer from freezing. The even works really well with one exception. The two weather stations continue to update the current temperature and, if it's below the threshold set the event keeps sending me emails and tripping the alarm.

I thought the "And/If Outside Outside Backflow Heater Bulb Switch has a value equal to OFF" would stop subsequent emails and alarms, but it doesn't.

Ideally, I'd get one email and the alarm would be tripped once when the temperature (as reported by one of the weather stations) dropped below the set threshold.

What am I missing? Why isn't events being triggered stopped after the event has been triggered the first time and the heater bulb switch is "On"?

Thanks, in advance.

Current Date/Time: 1/18/2018 6:54:39 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 13 Hours 37 Minutes 23 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.2
    Number of Devices: 108
    Number of Events: 30
    Available Threads: 382

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.20: Ecobee
    1.1.17344.311: MyQ
    3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    You need the same condition after the first trigger (IF) as you have under your second trigger (OR IF). Your Outside Outside Backflow Heater Bulb Switch has a value equal to OFF only applies to the trigger it is directly under, not all triggers. Read this thread, it may explain it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you! Huge help, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X