Homeseer with OmniPro 2+UPB+Russound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer with OmniPro 2+UPB+Russound

I am in the process of upgrading my Omnitouch screens to a Ipad. I had a free 30 day trial of the Homeseer and played a little bit after christmas. Because of personal reasons I couldn't finish trying out the product. I am curious what equipment I may need to purchase if I already have my Russound & UPB currently running from the Touch panels & Leviton's snaplink app. I have russound connected from the omni board, and I also have about 40 UPB switches that are connected that is connected from the board to the upb outlet injector.

Will the plug in route and make commands from the TCP/IP of the board and operate my UPB & Russound ?

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by mikej8111 View Post
    I am in the process of upgrading my Omnitouch screens to a Ipad. I had a free 30 day trial of the Homeseer and played a little bit after christmas. Because of personal reasons I couldn't finish trying out the product. I am curious what equipment I may need to purchase if I already have my Russound & UPB currently running from the Touch panels & Leviton's snaplink app. I have russound connected from the omni board, and I also have about 40 UPB switches that are connected that is connected from the board to the upb outlet injector.

Will the plug in route and make commands from the TCP/IP of the board and operate my UPB & Russound ?

Thanks,
    Mike
    UPB is fine. Audio support will be coming at a later date...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for your reply. When are you thinking that you'll have Russound support ?

Comment

Here currently split the Russound CA functions between the OmniPro 2 panel serial connection (Omnitouch screens) and the Homeseer Russound plugin using a micro serial server made for that purpose. It is tiny and used to cost around $150 when it was being made.

The SR-2 allows two control systems to have access and control of a product with a single RS-232 port. Communications through Port A or Port B will be sent to the Master Port. When the product responds through the Master Port the communications will be sent to both Port A and Port B. Please note that the SR-2 only has RX, TX and Ground signals and is capable of transmissions speeds up to 460800 baud.

Note this is only for serial ports / Russound.

[ATTACH]66887[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Honestly, If you're going with HS the best route is to let HomeSeer deal with the Russound. The sheer power of the HS plugin is pretty marvelous and will probably never be matched. I can't comment on anything else though as I don't use that hardware.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The Omnitouch serial and ethernet touchscreens are much slower here than the Russound KPL keypads.

Fast to slow...

1 - Russound Keypads
            2 - HS3 Russound Plugin
            3 - OmniPro 2 Omnitouch screens
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              The Omnitouch serial and ethernet touchscreens are much slower here than the Russound KPL keypads.

Fast to slow...

1 - Russound Keypads
              2 - HS3 Russound Plugin
              3 - OmniPro 2 Omnitouch screens
              I currently have the Omnitouch screens and they are SLOW. That was the #1 reason why i've decided to upgrade my system. I had the russound MDK-C6 keypads at my old house. They were pretty quick, but not much graphic interface...

I am looking to replace 4 OmniTouch's with 4 Tablets. I can't agree with Leviton's $500 dollar price tag for their new Omnitouch 7's. For $500 dollars i can buy tablets, run homeseer and get my functionality back!!

Comment

Working...
              X