Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    Are you trying to fit HS3 around particular plugins or are developers working to make their plugins work with your development.
    I would be a little more happy if each plug-in author was required to provide the same things in the same places for a bit more uniformity. They all have their own spin on where documentation is stored, where (or if at all) they post release notes, if there is a link to the plug-in's support forum or where they put it in the UI, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      My own .02, I have had many problems with McAfee in the past messing up my system and slowing it down. It may be better now, but I would feel a lot better if you could uninstall it for now just to rule it out (disabling it does not always work as it still has code installed into the OS). Personally, I would never run that software. I believe your crash might be specific to your system. I think the Windows crashes we are seeing now are due to issues with individual systems and not a broader HS3 issue.

But if you have another crash, please send me the system logs.
      I agree that the Windows crashes could be system related. However before .368 my system never became unresponsive. And the crash on 21FEB2018 is the first crash of my system since JAN2013 (before that time I had regular crashes but after migration of HS to a industrial PC it never crashed).

I will let it run to demonstrate long term stability.

---
      John

Comment

The goal right now is to get a release out and I want to make sure there is no issue affecting many systems. Ideally there should be no crashes and if a plugin is crashing HS we need to put in a fix so that does not happen. If a plugin crashes on its own, then its up to the developer to get that fixed.

We have quite a few systems running here and we have not seen any crashes on Windows. We did re-create the Linux one that was related to system timers on MONO 5 and that appears to be fixed.

So my feeling is the Windows crashes are widespread and we need to deal with each one on a case by case basis and they may be due to system config, plugins loaded and maybe event config. I think we are about ready to do another release.
        So, is ZWave Plugin crashing (out of memory error) a separate issue? I am still getting that on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
          I agree that the Windows crashes could be system related. However before .368 my system never became unresponsive. And the crash on 21FEB2018 is the first crash of my system since JAN2013 (before that time I had regular crashes but after migration of HS to a industrial PC it never crashed).

I will let it run to demonstrate long term stability.

---
          John

that was when I started getting crashes too John. before .368 I was fine. after the load of .368 I started crashing.

Comment

Finally had time to do the upgrade to an SSD Drive. This also means that today I have moved on to v.420 as well. That said, .404 was running great....here's the final number for my .404 Windows installation:

Current Date/Time: 2/23/2018 5:04:42 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.404
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 31 Days 20 Hours 39 Minutes 58 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.5.3
            Number of Devices: 914
            Number of Events: 581
            Available Threads: 400
            HSTouch Enabled: False
            Event Threads: 0
            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
            Device Exec Queue: 0
            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
            Email Send Queue: 0
            Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
            0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
            3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
            3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
            3.0.2.4: OMNI
            0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
            3.0.5.6: SDJ-Health
            3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
            3.0.0.41: UPBSpud
            3.0.1.184: Z-Wave

-Travis

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                Was able to find a beta for APCUPSD and it appears to have resolved the plugin shutdown issue. This was tested on .418 and .420. So if you have a system that isn’t shutting down through the web GUI, you will need to find which plugin is causing the issue and contact the developer.
                Just a note, on my system (Windows 10 Pro) the problem was not the plug-ins causing the HS UI to NOT shutdown.

It was fixed for me with the release of the .419 build.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

My own .02, I have had many problems with McAfee in the past messing up my system and slowing it down. It may be better now, but I would feel a lot better if you could uninstall it for now just to rule it out (disabling it does not always work as it still has code installed into the OS). Personally, I would never run that software. I believe your crash might be specific to your system. I think the Windows crashes we are seeing now are due to issues with individual systems and not a broader HS3 issue.

But if you have another crash, please send me the system logs.
                  Rich,

HS3 crashed again today (25FEB2018) on 06:27:27, see below:

Faulting application name: HS3.exe, version: 3.0.0.418, time stamp: 0x5a85a114
                  Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x13ae3814
                  Exception code: 0xe0434352
                  Fault offset: 0x001008c2
                  Faulting process id: 0x1528
                  Faulting application start time: 0x01d3aad0a6fc6279
                  Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS3.exe
                  Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                  Report Id: f63102a1-1aa1-42b1-ad29-6177c9dcde8d
                  Faulting package full name:
                  Faulting package-relative application ID:

At this time also the following message was written to the Window system log:
                  The access history in hive \??\C:\WINDOWS\AppCompat\Programs\Amcache.hve.tmp was cleared updating 5 keys and creating 2 modified pages.

Uninstalled McAfee and enabled Windows defender (SMTP PI still disabled).

I will send you the logs.

Current Date/Time: 25/02/2018 12:47:48
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.421
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 8 Minutes 6 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                  Number of Devices: 1324
                  Number of Events: 131
                  Available Threads: 100
                  HSTouch Enabled: True
                  Event Threads: 1

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                  3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                  1.2.2.0: Device History
                  0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                  3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                  3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                  3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                  3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                  3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                  3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                  3.0.1.195: Z-Wave

Comment

There was no change in the APCUPSD beta plugin regarding shutdown, only support for Linux was added. As ServiceXp mentioned this might be related to HS3 internals how it handles plugins.

Comment

Just noticed an issue crop up here of the sticky plugin update.

I am currently running HS3 Lite and HS3 Pro V.420 on Linux. I only saw the issue on the HS3 Pro machine. The plugin was updated and the update lingered in the update list until I shut down Homeseer and restarted it. I have never seen this before HS3 V.420.

- Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just so I am clear, was McAfee unistalled prior to this crash?

Rich,

HS3 crashed again today (25FEB2018) on 06:27:27, see below:

Faulting application name: HS3.exe, version: 3.0.0.418, time stamp: 0x5a85a114
                        Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x13ae3814
                        Exception code: 0xe0434352
                        Fault offset: 0x001008c2
                        Faulting process id: 0x1528
                        Faulting application start time: 0x01d3aad0a6fc6279
                        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS3.exe
                        Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                        Report Id: f63102a1-1aa1-42b1-ad29-6177c9dcde8d
                        Faulting package full name:
                        Faulting package-relative application ID:

At this time also the following message was written to the Window system log:
                        The access history in hive \??\C:\WINDOWS\AppCompat\Programs\Amcache.hve.tmp was cleared updating 5 keys and creating 2 modified pages.

Uninstalled McAfee and enabled Windows defender (SMTP PI still disabled).

I will send you the logs.

Current Date/Time: 25/02/2018 12:47:48
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.421
                        System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 8 Minutes 6 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                        Number of Devices: 1324
                        Number of Events: 131
                        Available Threads: 100
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 1

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                        3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                        1.2.2.0: Device History
                        0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                        3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                        3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                        3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                        3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                        3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                        3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                        3.0.1.195: Z-Wave
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just so I am clear, was McAfee unistalled prior to this crash?
                          No it is uninstalled now.

The issue with Windows Defender is that it utilize the CPU fully.

Will report when it crash using Windows Defender.

--
                          John

Comment

What does this mean?
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

We run Defender on all our computers here in the office, and I see the opposite, it does not register any CPU usage. If you are seeing high CPU usage, there may be an issue with the PC you are using.

I suppose it might show high usage when its scanning, but that should not be very often.

No it is uninstalled now.

Will report when it crash using Windows Defender.

--
                              John
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                What does this mean?
                                I have the same question. I use Windows 10 w/Defender and my CPU average is ~1.2% over the last 12 hours with an Intel i3-6100U.

Comment

Working...
                                X