Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still cannot discover

On .418
    using new skill
    changed a couple devices to add voice string

Not sure where to go next?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
      On .418
      using new skill
      changed a couple devices to add voice string

Not sure where to go next?
      Go to the Alexa app or the web site and Discover your devices. The names should update immediately.

Comment

not working.

I get this error:
        Attached Files

Comment

the "alex tell homeseer" works fine. but the new v3 api does not.

I only selected a couple where I added the voice string, so I think I should see something.

i removed the old homeseer skill and added the new one too.
          Last edited by charlesmbell; February 16, 2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Have you tried it on from the alexa.amazon.com app?

Gary

Comment

yes. both website and app. that last screenshot was the app.

same error on the website:

I have also just asked alexa to discover devices as well. no error but does not work either.
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Is anyone else still having discover issues w/V3? I have tickets open with aws, with HS, and have ran out of troubleshooting ideas.

I have seen other complaints on the net which I also am experiencing unrelated to HS such as PSvue channel changes not working with FireTV (i have same issue). My O365 calendar was not working (but they fixed that) and then of course the HS smarthome issue.

All of this happened on the same day around a week and a half ago.

Comment

Is it possible to go back to the older v2 skill should i decide i don't [yet] like the new version? I like a lot of what the V3 looks like it offers, but I'm a bit hesitant and only want to play with it if I know I can back out and go back to what I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
                      Is anyone else still having discover issues w/V3?
                      I was having problems discovering *metered* Z-Wave plug-in sockets - specifically the TKB TZ88 Metered Switch or Aeo ZW096 SmartSwitch 6 Gen5

The problem was that I had selected "Voice Command" for the root device, but not on the on-off sub-device. I removed the voice command and selection from the root and placed it on the sub-device and it all works fine.

I had assumed that sub-devices would inherit the voice command properties from the root device, but that seems not to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
                        I was having problems discovering *metered* Z-Wave plug-in sockets - specifically the TKB TZ88 Metered Switch or Aeo ZW096 SmartSwitch 6 Gen5

The problem was that I had selected "Voice Command" for the root device, but not on the on-off sub-device. I removed the voice command and selection from the root and placed it on the sub-device and it all works fine.

I had assumed that sub-devices would inherit the voice command properties from the root device, but that seems not to be the case.
                        Thanks. I have Insteon devices that just dont show up. I use the HUB and Mark Sandler plugin. No root issue like you had, at least I could not see where that may be an issue.

thanks

Comment

Still can't figure out how to make this work with my garage doors

I have a virtual device setup for my garage door.

If I try 'open garage door'... I get "more than one device was found with that name combination.

If I try "unlock"... alexa tells me she can't do that now "to be safe".
                          If I try "lock the garage door", this will work (e.g. close it)
                          If it try "close the large garage door".. I get the more than one device found message again.

I only have one device with this name. I've also gone through and made sure the voice command box is unchecked on anything else that's close (like garage door motion sensor)

I've tried forgetting all devices and starting over.

can you guys give me a few debugging ideas to run with? Would it be as easy as changing the parameters control use to on/off instead of lock/unlock so Alexa doesn't think it's a lock?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                            I have a virtual device setup for my garage door.

If I try 'open garage door'... I get "more than one device was found with that name combination.

If I try "unlock"... alexa tells me she can't do that now "to be safe".
                            If I try "lock the garage door", this will work (e.g. close it)
                            If it try "close the large garage door".. I get the more than one device found message again.

I only have one device with this name. I've also gone through and made sure the voice command box is unchecked on anything else that's close (like garage door motion sensor)

I've tried forgetting all devices and starting over.

can you guys give me a few debugging ideas to run with? Would it be as easy as changing the parameters control use to on/off instead of lock/unlock so Alexa doesn't think it's a lock?
                            Any ideas here folks?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                              Any ideas here folks?
                              It's my understanding that Alexa won't unlock anything via the API. I'd assume it's a security restriction Amazon imposes on the API. I could be wrong about this, but I've read similar things before.

I've also had similar experiences with her asking "which one did you want" I've had a hard time coming up with good names in a few instances to make it definitive enough for her. But I do know that it's related to the naming, and what else shares the name, or parts of the name. She seems to explicitly disambiguate any time a part of the device name is part of another name or group.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                It's my understanding that Alexa won't unlock anything via the API. I'd assume it's a security restriction Amazon imposes on the API. I could be wrong about this, but I've read similar things before.

I've also had similar experiences with her asking "which one did you want" I've had a hard time coming up with good names in a few instances to make it definitive enough for her. But I do know that it's related to the naming, and what else shares the name, or parts of the name. She seems to explicitly disambiguate any time a part of the device name is part of another name or group.
                                thanks.

the naming is driving me nuts. I've tried to find anything close to large garage door and it's still not working. wish there was a way to figure that out easier

Comment

Working...
                                X