thermostat advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermostat advice

I'm ready to get rid of my analog mercury switch thermostat. I want to go with something digital/programmable/controlable. I don't know much about this stuff, so I'm looking for some advice and recommendations.

Thanks.

You might want to do a search as this topic gets discussed now and then. Here is a recent thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106445

Comment

My advice is- if you can run a wire to the tstat from your HS PC then go with a serial controllable tstat otherwise consider a Z-Wave or RCS X10 tstat.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mark, Thanks for the link. Not sure I want to run cable. I don't have a permanent location for my HAPC (yet).

Comment

Personally I have the TXB-15 (although the current model is the TXB-16) and they (I have two) have been very reliable for me.

Comment

I use the RCS in my case ZCV4 multi zone controller.. but the RCS-tr40 is very reliable and feature rich.. a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion. it is serial and requires cabling to be connected to Homeseer.

-Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I'd go w/ cabled if at all possible. I have a HAI RC80 and it's one of the things that I can say has been 100% reliable both in its use and its interface with HomeSeer. I think they have newer ones out now that have back lighting too. (wish mine did!)
              HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

TX16B Works

I use the RCS TX16B, and it works very well. I also use Jim Doolittle's plugin, which makes the whole thing very easy to use.
                Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
                X