Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a thermostat

danielbo

With the ACRF plug-in, an RF receiver and the RFXSensor (www.rfxcom.com) you are able to get the temperature wireless in Homeseer and switch the ventilation on and off.
    The RF receiver can be a W800 but if you like a greater receiving range and an USB connection the RFXCOM receiver is a better option.
    If you don't need to have it wireless there are wired solutions but I don't know which one of the wired solutions is the best.
    Bert

Comment

Many use the 1-wire temp sensors that are available at http://www.hobby-boards.com
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<TABLE class=productListing cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=productListing-even><TD class=productListing-data align=middle> </TD><TD class=productListing-data> Temperature </TD><TD class=productListing-data> T3-R1-A </TD><TD class=productListing-data align=right> $21.50</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>This is what I found that looks like what I would need. But how to I make it communicate with my Homeseer. I dont want to make it to hard, because I am not that good with homeseer yet.
        Please let me know what I would need to have or do in easy terms,
        Thanks you,
        danielbo
        danielbo

Comment

Have a look at http://www.midondesign.com/midon_prices.html

They sell the temp08 unit and individual temp sensors. The temp sensors are cheaper here. The easiest to work with are MD3020B or the "phone clip" style MD3020C. There's also some good information on how one-wire works on this site as well.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Berts solution is the easiest if you are already using something like the W800 for RF input. You do not need to worry about wiring the 1-wire network which at times can be sensitive.

If you have several places you want to monitor environment then it makes sense to setup a 1-wire network. I would start with the DS9097U or DS9490 from hobby-boards.com. You can also get the DS18S20 temp sensor from there as well or if you prefer to have it mounted on the little board then the one from MidonDesign will be an option. While you can setup a Temp08, it is more of an investment than you need for what you want to do.

The Quasar electronics K3145 is another low cost approach that gives you the interface to 4 1-wire temperature sensors. Ultrajones is now supporting the HA7 interface as another method to interface 1-wire to the PC.

Comment

Working...
            X