Discovered device naming issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered device naming issue

So attached the new API with no issues and the Echo discovers all of the devices that I checked to use with voice command. Problem is on some of the devices, the room is not appended to the device name for the skill.

At the bottom where you see "closet light" it should be "bonus closet light" where you see "ceiling fan new" it should be "bonus ceiling fan new"

Any ideas?

Originally posted by djdzam View Post
    So attached the new API with no issues and the Echo discovers all of the devices that I checked to use with voice command. Problem is on some of the devices, the room is not appended to the device name for the skill.

At the bottom where you see "closet light" it should be "bonus closet light" where you see "ceiling fan new" it should be "bonus ceiling fan new"

Any ideas?

I think it only prepends a location when needed for clarity. Create a group with only that device, name your group bonus ceiling fan new and then you will be able to use that name to turn it on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
      I think it only prepends a location when needed for clarity. Create a group with only that device, name your group bonus ceiling fan new and then you will be able to use that name to turn it on and off.

I would say that was true but where you see "ceiling fan new" used to be named "ceiling fan" which would have conflicted with other ones named the same. I will test that theory when I get home though and see how it comes out.

Comment

Working...
      X