Remote, and Multiple instance clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote, and Multiple instance clarification

Shoot, I don't know what happened. I can't seem to delete these duplicate posts.
    Last edited by mrceolla; October 1, 2016, 11:21 PM.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Figures...the admin deletes the real post and leaves the one apologizing for the duplicate posts. No comment on the admin...just my luck.

Anyway, from the other post about remote instances, it seems clear that two remote instances running at the same time is not possible with the current state of the plugin.

My question is, can I run a local instance AND a remote instance at the same time? Or can I only run one UIRT, no matter where it is.

Thanks
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

That is correct - only one instance and no remote
      I only converted the old USBUIRT plugin from HS2 to HS3. I did not add anything else to it
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Oh, wait...I'm confused. I never said "no" remote. Did you mean "one remote"? I assume remote works because of that one "Sticky" in this sub forum.

BTW, thanks a ton for converting this plugin, and doing it for free. I know Jon Reese required it be kept free.

Assuming you meant "one remote" and the remote feature works, I would definitely pay for the multiple instance feature. I know you said it would require a bit of work. I bet Jon would let you charge for an improved version of the plugin or a wrapper that allows for multiple instances of the free plugin.

A few UIRTs are a LOT cheaper than the Global Cache options out there...as far as I can tell. This could be huge! What do you think? What would make it worth your time?

Comment

Yes you can run it remotely - just multiple instances not supported right now
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation.

FYI, I don't even require discrete zones. I don't have any identical equipment that I need to send IR to separately. I'd be happy if HS just sent to all, and received from all UIRTs simultaneously. I think of this scenario as an extension of a single instance, but I'm not really sure what an instance is.

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
            X