Conflict with existing AutoRemote Tasker tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict with existing AutoRemote Tasker tasks

I've been using AutoRemote with Tasker for years, and I have some profiles that depend on the reception of AutoRemote messages. I think, however, that your "Receiver for HS3 Tasker Push" profile is attempting to act on those foreign AR messages. It doesn't seem to distinguish between messages sent by your Plugin and AR messages sent by other means.

Am I interpreting this correctly? If so, we need to fix that somehow.

Originally posted by baudi View Post
    I've been using AutoRemote with Tasker for years, and I have some profiles that depend on the reception of AutoRemote messages. I think, however, that your "Receiver for HS3 Tasker Push" profile is attempting to act on those foreign AR messages. It doesn't seem to distinguish between messages sent by your Plugin and AR messages sent by other means.

Am I interpreting this correctly? If so, we need to fix that somehow.
    Hello Baudi, in the task for "Receiver for HS3 Tasker Push" create a stop task in the top of all action with option IF %adpar1 "Doesn't Match" ref=*
    All messages from the plugin is sending ref=hsdeviceid so I guess you should be able to separate them now.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

OK, I can do that, but shouldn't that be a default behavior? Otherwise, when you update that task in the future, that modification would have to be done again.

Comment

OK, I can do that, but shouldn't that be a default behavior? Otherwise, when you update that task in the future, that modification would have to be done again.
        Hi, no it was just a quick fix for you and depending if you want to wait but I will test it more and add to next version.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Might I suggest that "ref" might be too generic for this purpose? It's possible it could appear in another autoremote message that has nothing to do with your plugin. Maybe something that's less likely to have a collision, like "HsTaskerPIrefID" or something like that.

I think we need to make something as potentially powerful as this as bullet-proof as possible.

Comment

Actually, looking at your code some more, you are using lots and lots of global variables, many of which have very generic names that could easily collide with existing Tasker variables in an old, complicated Tasker installation (like mine). Since Tasker doesn't provide any warnings about duplicate global variable names when you import tasks, it's very difficult to know whether this will cause problems with existing tasks.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to uninstall your plugin until this can be remedied.

Please let me know if you intend to make these changes, otherwise, I'd like to get a refund.

EDIT

Or, instead of a refund, perhaps a description of the API you use to communicate with HS from Tasker. Then I could implement my own tasks.
            Last edited by baudi; November 2, 2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Actually, looking at your code some more, you are using lots and lots of global variables, many of which have very generic names that could easily collide with existing Tasker variables in an old, complicated Tasker installation (like mine). Since Tasker doesn't provide any warnings about duplicate global variable names when you import tasks, it's very difficult to know whether this will cause problems with existing tasks.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to uninstall your plugin until this can be remedied.

Please let me know if you intend to make these changes, otherwise, I'd like to get a refund.

EDIT

Or, instead of a refund, perhaps a description of the API you use to communicate with HS from Tasker. Then I could implement my own tasks.
              Hi, I have plans for a new setup that communicates with json both from sdcard and between plugin and tasker that may reduce global variables and listen for filechanges instead. If you have any ideas I'm happy to hear them if it will fit the most of the users. Use the contact formular.
              If you need refund I think you must talk with HS team since we never know who is the user and how many.
              To calculate the code set a variable to %TIMES*5*%DAYM
              Convert it to Base64 and put it in the url as CodeFromTasker
              Here is the most basic functions to set values & and run events.
              http://homeseerurl/Tasker?serial=Cod...me=NameOfEvent
              http://homeseerurl/Tasker?serial=Cod...alue=yourvalue
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "Use the contact formular."

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "Use the contact formular."
                  Direct link; Email contact formular
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Aha. Formular = Form. It sounded like you were asking me to use a formula of some kind.

Comment

Working...
                    X