Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We think the discovery issue is fixed, please run the discovery again and see if your devices show up.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We think the discovery issue is fixed, please run the discovery again and see if your devices show up.
      It is fixed for me.

Thank you Rich!
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Is this a cloud service now?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Is this a cloud service now?
          It always has been. Alexa only exists in the cloud. Echo requires connection with AWS servers, which must communicate with your HomeSeer through myhs.homeseer.com
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Very Nice! Alexa phone app is how you create routines

The routines allow custom phrases vs. "Turn ON a device."
            HS Voice Enabled Events are "Discovered" (must have the check box under Event Options)
            When you tell Alexa to discover scenes, it goes to your HS and gets all the Events that are voice enabled. So Alexa now has all voice controlled Devices and Events! They will now appear in the Alexa web page.

Amazon Scenes is a HS event. A routine is created on the Alexa Phone App.
            The routine allows custom phrases like "Good Night" So my Good Night Routine executes a HS event called Bedtime. So no more "Trigger bedtime", "Turn on bedtime" I say "Good Night" and Alexa says "OK" and my bedtime event runs.

You create Routines (Customized Voice Commands - whatever you want) that trigger HS Events/Devices.

I was confused so I hope this helps.

Comment

Maybe Jon can update his helper skill to take advantage of the new Smarthome skill features and perhaps get away with just one skill.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Maybe Jon can update his helper skill to take advantage of the new Smarthome skill features and perhaps get away with just one skill.

Robert
                i am waiting for this too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                  For you table light just shange your voice command to bedroom table light.

What you should be able to do is create a bedrom group with your table light and the bedroom dot called bedroom - and say turn on the bedroom lights from any device or lights on from your bedroom.
                  For some reason I can't make the light turn on by saying "lights on" . And there only one device in the group. What am I doing wrong?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Robert
                    Unfortunately that is not possible!
                    Jon

Comment

Sorry not for me - I linked and unlinked my account again - still no devices on v 3 discovery

Comment

Right. But can one not utilize the "routines" functionality of the Alexa technology to "map" tasks into a command word?

Your plugin still provides more mature capabilities and I am still considering only using your plugin, but one should be able to:

Create a routine such as "I am taking a shower!" which then has certain tasks associated with it which map into individual macros to use either the Smart Home API or your plugin.
                        * Turn on bathroom fan
                        * Turn on bathroom speaker
                        * Play desired music
                        * etc etc etc

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Unfortunately that is not possible!
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Well... don't mess with your dev skill if it's still working. Mine stopped supporting "Tell" and then when I tried to edit/create a new one, I just can't get past the utterances step #4 in creating my custom dev skill. Seems this was experienced by others as well. Going back to the Homeseer skill works at least. I can tell and ask, but my dev skill which worked for over a year just stopped. WAF took a hit on this one!

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/...#answer-106106

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Note that the new skill is server based, so you won't see the discovery message in the HS log.
                            Would it be possible to add a log event showing it happen? Then we'd at least know if Amazon tried to discover against us.

Comment

Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
                              I know that Alexa in a group can turn on all lights in that group, by saying 'Alexa, turn on lights'. But i dont want that.
                              I'm sorry but I'm not quite following what you want it to do. Is it you want to say "turn on the table light" and only have "table light" in that group turn on if you have multiple devices named "table light" in multiple groups? For example a table light in every bedroom.

Comment

Appears to be working now

YAY! Whatever you did appears to have worked for me.

Unlinked V2
                                Linked V3
                                Ran Discovery
                                Ended up with duplicate sets of devices (One active, one "Offline")
                                Did a "Forget All"
                                Did a Discovery
                                Got a single set of devices!
                                Did not appear to work at first.
                                Checked devices on HS3
                                Added Voice Command strings - Forgot as V2 apparently used Device names
                                Rediscovered in Alexa
                                Working!
                                Looks like I need to recreate groups in Alexa, though

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X