Keep Fire tablet from dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Fire tablet from dimming

Is there a setting that will keep the screen brightness at full if the Fire tablet (or any Android tablet?) is charging, but not in active use?
    Last edited by Uncle Michael; February 22, 2018, 08:28 PM.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

not sure if the Keep Screen on Free app would fit the bill.

Stuart

Comment

If you enable the developer options (go into settings - device options and tap on the serial number field 7 times), then a developer options menu will appear at the bottom of the settings - device options list.

One of the developer settings is 'keep screen on when charging'...

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
        One of the developer settings is 'keep screen on when charging'...
        I have that. What I want is to keep the screen from dimming if there is no activity.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The one I have in the kitchen doesn't (Fire HD8 bought about 6 months ago). I will have a look and see if I configured anything else on it.

I have a few other tablets (Fire 7s), where I used Tasker and Lux to make some apps to set the backlights to either full on or full off, added some buttons to an otherwise unused screen in HSTouch, then use HS3 events to turn tablet screens on or off according to room occupancy.

As the motion events I use work on the basis of continually setting occupancy=true each time the PIR in the room is activated (and then start a timer which is used to trigger an occupancy off event if the timer gets to e.g. 10 minutes), it basically sends 'screen on' commands to the relevant tablet often enough to keep it on. Doesn't seem to be too often to clog anything up and has been working well for a few months now.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

That's good to know. I was planning to try rotating between two screens. That sounds like it might do the job. If not, I'll try a screen on command. Thanks for the tip.

Update: No joy.
            Neither forcing a screen change nor simulating a button press appears to cause the screen brightness to remain or return to bright.
            Last edited by Uncle Michael; February 22, 2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

It turns out there is a free 'Keep Screen On' app in the Amazon app store that has been keeping my screen at full brightness for several hours now. (There are also lots of choices in the Android app store as well.)

Comment

Comment

That was my hope, but I couldn't find one, hence, my initial post. Apparently there isn't, otherwise there would be no need for all the apps that do almost nothing but control screen dimming - and the Play store has about a gazillion of them.

Comment

Try an application like this..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....doublep.wakey

Comment

I finally remembered to look at where the setting is on my Nexus. Display> brightness>"Adaptive Brightness". It's the culprit that does the dimming. With the Nexus, I had to download an app to prevent the screen from shutting off, but later i found out you can only run 30 percent brightness while charging, or eventually the battery runs down and it shuts off.

Comment

On your Nexus tablets you most likely need a better usb cable, mine did the same thing after using angled cable, I ordered a better (thicker wire) and all was good. Same thing for wireless charging, If the cable or wall wart can't supply enough current they slowly die.
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X