HS3 Serial RS232 Direct Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I think I figured out a way to do this, using a virtual device to create the correct command string for any volume set with a slider - and this should include a slider in HSTouch. However I have discovered a bug in David's plugin, whereby it doesn't seem to allow us to send the virtual device status as the command as it's supposed to. He's going to take a look when he has some time.
    Hi James,
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Chin

Comment

Originally posted by cyf4746 View Post
      Hi James,
      Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Chin
      Try this:
      - Create a virtual device for your Marantz Main Volume control
      - In the Status Graphics tab of this device, delete the default values and add a New Range Value with start value of 0 and end value of 98. In the detail for this new range, set the values like this:
      Prefix: MV
      Suffix: \r
      Dec Places: 0
      Include Values: Checked
      Has Additional Data: Unchecked
      Has Scale: checked
      Value Offset: 0
      Control Type: Slider
      Control Use: Not spec

- On the far right side, set the Status-Control to Both, then click Done at the bottom

Now Create an Event, say "Marantz Main Volume"
      Use the new device and test whether it had it's "Value Set or Changed" as the event trigger
      Then for the action, choose: "drhsIpPlugIn: Send Status/Value", then choose your Marantz connection and then select the new virtual device and then select Value.

Now, when you change the volume on the virtual device, it should send out the appropriate volume command to the receiver over the IP connection e.g. MV48\r

Now (and this is NOT my area of expertise), link the slider in your HSTouch project to the virtual device.

Hopefully this will allow control, then we may need to look at getting feedback to keep HS and HSTouch in sync, when the volume is controlled locally on the receiver.
      cheeryfool

Comment

And here are a couple of screenshots:
        cheeryfool

Comment

Hi James,
          Just got myself some time to continue to test on the Marantz Volume control.
          After did as per your guides, still no luck. The " Send Status / Value action" seem not sending the volume setting command to the Marantz.

Here are the screen shoot from the log:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi James,
            Just got myself some time to continue to test on the Marantz Volume control.
            After did as per your guides, still no luck. The " Send Status / Value action" seem not sending the volume setting command to the Marantz.

Chin

Comment

Working...
            X