www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches Forum for HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

Old March 6th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Viewer

LED rgb setting?

Can we adjust the rgb value for the set colors? My amber is pretty green..
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:00 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Unfortunately, no, the colors cannot be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benginerd View Post
Can we adjust the rgb value for the set colors? My amber is pretty green..

website | products | support | youtube
Old March 6th, 2018, 08:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsyHome View Post
You need the WD (dimmer) version to get seven LEDs on the side. Which means you don't get the multi-LED feature unless you have an old fashioned incandescent bulb to control
Even the old 100 series is that way. Only dimmers have a row of lights. And I use my dimmers with LED light bulbs not old fashioned incandescent bulbs.
Old March 7th, 2018, 01:41 AM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Unfortunately, no, the colors cannot be changed.
Any chance that could change with a future firmware update?
Old March 7th, 2018, 09:49 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

We will note the feedback and see. If the colors are not correct or consistent, we will look into that. Bust as for adjusting them, the Z-Wave chip does not have enough I/O ports to any further settings from the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benginerd View Post
Any chance that could change with a future firmware update?
Old March 16th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Viewer

Also I would like to see a way to adjust the brightness of the leds, I can only use red as the other colors will light up my room at night and make it hard to sleep.
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
It is not going out to the device to get the new manufacturing info. This is by design as the replace function is designed to only replace an identical product. I will have to give this some thought. I don’t believe it would be an issue to refresh that info though.
I found that if you use the audit function that the ID does change to 3036 which seem to be the one for the WD200 from the WD100's 3034 and you can then access the LEDs. However, it looks like it's not saved and thus goes away when you restart HS so you have to do the audit again. So, IMHO, I don't see and issue refreshing and saving it.

Is there ANY way to force saving the information that was updated by the audit command? I've got 4 more WD100 that I want to update to WD200, total of 5, in the next few days and I really don't want to have to go in manually, EVERYTIME I restart, and do an audit on all 5 of my new WD200. I also don't want to go though all of them and exclude and include due to the time it takes to rebuild some 50 or more scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
If you used "Replace Node" on the HS-WS100+ Z-Wave tab, it will not work. The correct root for the 200 will not be built, despite the fact that the Central Scene VS pairs are updated. You will have to exclude/include it in order for the correct root to be built. This will break any events, so be sure and filter and print your event list for both the multilevel and central scene of the device so that you can edit them.
See post #33 above.
I know I've been vocal on this but excluding and including and breaking scenes, IMHO, is totally unacceptable when upgrading dimmers. One should always be able to update any simple, no features, dimmer that has no extra features to either a WD100 or WD200 or updating a WD100 to a WD200 without loosing anything. There should be a much simpler and user friendly way to do the upgrading. I can't see a non technical person trying to swap dimmers which is not good for sales of HS3.

Downgrading as far as I'm concerned is not an issue that really needs to be addressed. If you need to do that then you've got many more problems to worry about and you're going to do a lot of manual changes since you're loosing the ability to control events.

The ability to upgrade dimmers, IMHO, should be a priority and any feature upgrades to HS3 should be on hold till that's fixed.

Might I make a suggestion? I've run beta programs and product software releases cycles. One thing we always did was to keep a copy of any release, or at least the last one, so if something came up it could be patched and released without having to wait till the current one in beta was released. That way small bugs could be patched quickly without waiting for the next release or in this case allowing the audit data to be saved. We would just and a decimal point number to the current release such as 435.1. Just something to think about.

Quote:
We will note the feedback and see. If the colors are not correct or consistent, we will look into that. Bust as for adjusting them, the Z-Wave chip does not have enough I/O ports to any further settings from the software.
Can you PWM the LEDs? If so that would allow for color adjustments or dimming. Still I suspect that you're already running them in a matrix, to keep the pins count down, and in that case PWMing would be quite difficult.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard 3.0.0.435
Linux version: hs3 4.14.34-v7+ #1110 SMP Mon Apr 16 15:18:51 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
Mono version: 5.12.0.226
Z-NET V2 - Version 1.0.23
IP Address: 10.0.2.43
Number of Devices: 257
Number of Events: 320
Available Threads: 399
HSTouch Enabled: True

3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak
3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
3.0.1.109: PHLocation
0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
Old June 10th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos_Anomaly View Post
Also I would like to see a way to adjust the brightness of the leds, I can only use red as the other colors will light up my room at night and make it hard to sleep.
I have the LEDs blink when a door is open or some other bad thing is occuring. The light keeping me awake is what I want. Though- having the ability to dim would be nice.
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:22 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

It would be a lot of work to allow you to repace one dimmer with a totally different dimmer. This is due to the way child devices are created and maintained. Yes, the multilevel device is the same between the 2 dimmers but the underlying data is different. So figuring out what to change between the 2 would be a nightmare. Also, I think the number of users upgrading dimmers is very small.

I will take a look as to why data is not being saved on a re-scan, that does not make sense.

As for dimming the LEDS, that would require new hardware and even then, I am not sure we have enough I/O lines left. Maybe something we could look at for the 700 series Z-Wave chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I found that if you use the audit function that the ID does change to 3036 which seem to be the one for the WD200 from the WD100's 3034 and you can then access the LEDs. However, it looks like it's not saved and thus goes away when you restart HS so you have to do the audit again. So, IMHO, I don't see and issue refreshing and saving it.

Is there ANY way to force saving the information that was updated by the audit command? I've got 4 more WD100 that I want to update to WD200, total of 5, in the next few days and I really don't want to have to go in manually, EVERYTIME I restart, and do an audit on all 5 of my new WD200. I also don't want to go though all of them and exclude and include due to the time it takes to rebuild some 50 or more scenes.

I know I've been vocal on this but excluding and including and breaking scenes, IMHO, is totally unacceptable when upgrading dimmers. One should always be able to update any simple, no features, dimmer that has no extra features to either a WD100 or WD200 or updating a WD100 to a WD200 without loosing anything. There should be a much simpler and user friendly way to do the upgrading. I can't see a non technical person trying to swap dimmers which is not good for sales of HS3.

Downgrading as far as I'm concerned is not an issue that really needs to be addressed. If you need to do that then you've got many more problems to worry about and you're going to do a lot of manual changes since you're loosing the ability to control events.

The ability to upgrade dimmers, IMHO, should be a priority and any feature upgrades to HS3 should be on hold till that's fixed.

Might I make a suggestion? I've run beta programs and product software releases cycles. One thing we always did was to keep a copy of any release, or at least the last one, so if something came up it could be patched and released without having to wait till the current one in beta was released. That way small bugs could be patched quickly without waiting for the next release or in this case allowing the audit data to be saved. We would just and a decimal point number to the current release such as 435.1. Just something to think about.

Can you PWM the LEDs? If so that would allow for color adjustments or dimming. Still I suspect that you're already running them in a matrix, to keep the pins count down, and in that case PWMing would be quite difficult.
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Seer Deluxe

As I said, I can handle replacing a simple dimmer by hand since you're mainly looking at a minimum number of events. In the case of moving from a WD100 to a WD200 you can have lots of events because you're taking advantage of the scene controller.

So, although I'd love to see the ability to replace any node if we can easily replace WD100 with WD200 I'd be very pleased. And since I think it's likely that many people who buy WD200 will likely put some of them in place of WD100s due to the status ability. I think they would be very pleased as well.