How do I uninstall BLIcon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I uninstall BLIcon?

I was using the trial and the trial period ran out.

I decided for the price, I do not need it.

I'm trying to uninstall it because the status icons stopped tracking properly.

I went to interfaces and clicked disable but that did not restore my original icons. So I stopped hs and removed the blicon.dll and restarted. That did not help either.

How do I remove blicon from my system and restore it to before the trial?

Thanks

-Tim
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

All Blades plug-in have an uninstall that can be found in the Homesee/bin directory. Just run the exe and it's gone. You will most likely have to reboot to get your original icons back.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Marty,

I don't see a bin directory under homeseer. I have homeseer pro if that makes any difference.

I did a search for bl*.exe under homeseer HSPRO directory and came up blank.
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Oh my, HSPro could have a slightly different directory structure than the standard version. the "Bin" directory should be in the root of whatever your main HS directory is called.

If it's not there you may have to wait for Blade to get back from vacation for a real answer. Even if you disable it and then reboot you should get your standard icons back, as far as I know.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Nope the BIN directory is in the HS root directory (ie: c:\programe files\homeseer2\bin) and the uninstall is there. Just checked on HS Pro.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have programfiles\homeseer Pro\

No bin directory at all. What is the name of the BL uninstall utility. Maybe I can search for it that way.
            -Tim

Way2 Call
            Elk M1 Gold
            UPB HAI switches
            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

the filename is unins000.exe but all Blades un-install files are. It would be in a BLIcon directory. Just don't run the same filename from another directory or you'll be un-installing something other than what you want.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                I have programfiles\homeseer Pro\

No bin directory at all. What is the name of the BL uninstall utility. Maybe I can search for it that way.
                The file is simply called unis000.exe
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

C:\program files\HomeSeer Pro\BIN\BLIcon

Any icons that you had assigned in the plugin will remain until you activate the device, ie:

If its a light, select on, then off, and the default icon should return.

TrOjAn

Comment

If you dont have it you can manually uninstall the dll and the following folders:

\HomeSeer Pro\html\Images\BLIcon
                    \HomeSeer Pro\html\Images\Config\hspi_BLIcon.ini
                    \HomeSeer Pro\html\html\bin\blicon.dll
                    \HomeSeer Pro\hspi_BLIcon.dll

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                      If you dont have it you can manually uninstall the dll and the following folders:

\HomeSeer Pro\html\Images\BLIcon
                      \HomeSeer Pro\html\Images\Config\hspi_BLIcon.ini
                      \HomeSeer Pro\html\html\bin\blicon.dll
                      \HomeSeer Pro\hspi_BLIcon.dll

TrOjAn
                      You will also have to uregister it with windows - have a read here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117892

Or you could try re-installing it and see if you get the uninstall prog.
                      sigpic

Comment

One would assume that Homeseer is shut down, unable to delete files in use otherwise, so no need to unregister the files :P

TrOjAn

Comment

This is weird.

Why don't I have this BIN folder?
                          Attached Files
                          -Tim

Way2 Call
                          Elk M1 Gold
                          UPB HAI switches
                          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Thanks for the file list to delete. I got through all of that but my blicon's were still there. Even after activating/deactivating.

I ended up deleting them and re-importing them from the jds stargate plugin. Was only a half dozen or so, not too bad. Could have been much worse.

Thanks for the help
                            -Tim

Way2 Call
                            Elk M1 Gold
                            UPB HAI switches
                            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Just an after thought, I presume your BIN folder had not managed to become hidden somehow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X