No announcement yet.

Homekit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get this to show up on my iDevice.

I was using the code from: https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge.git

That was working.

I installed the plugin and after hitting "Enable pairing" the code shows up but none of my apps on my iDevice can find it when searching for accessories I don't get the option to add manually.

Going to: http://homeseer: port/dumpdb returns a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" in Chrome.

There is no firewall on this machine.
    Last edited by joegrace13; December 31, 2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Might add.

If you hit Buy Now for the plugin it goes to this page:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/ProductId=PI-HS3-HKBRG

Which displays:

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Comment

Have to check the link to the store.

The product of Nfarina is a separate product which runs on nodejs and not within HS, this is a plugin, so a totally different technical approach.

Your url seems false, it shoud look lije http://homeseer:12345/dumpdb no %20 or the word port should be present in it.

If you cannot access the url I posted above, the plugin is either not running or it is being blocked in some way. Please check also virusscanners as they might block access as well. Without that "webaddress" accessible, pairing will never succeed.

Since discovery and pairing was developed first, it has been working on several configurations for at least six months now.

I am adding some more logging to the library to find out where pairing stops. When finished I will post a new version to the updater.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Fraggel.

The URL is correct. I added that space otherwise the forum turned it into an emoji. Go figure.

No virus scanners or firewalls on the machine. It's says it's running and the log shows it running correctly. Anything else that might be the problem?

Comment

I am seeing similar to joegrace13. The plugin is running, but I cannot connect any of the apps. I get to enter the pairing code but I get an error connection failed. If I try to access the URL dumpdb ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

in the log when it says homekit bridge has connected and shows an IP address, what IP is supposed to show up here. is it supposed to be the IP of the HS machine? Because for me it's not and I don't recognize that IP

Comment

It's probably showing local host 127.0.0.1. Homeseer apps use that address to talk to the homeseer machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey! Super excited about this plugin. I am having an issue I haven't seen described yet. I'm running HS3 on the S6 from Homeseer. I'm seeing the plugin crash instantly when I enable it. I attached screenshots of the messages I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've tried everything, disabling the firewall, virus scanner. Still no pairing [emoji22]

Anyway happy new year

Comment

FIrst of all (HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!! )

pairing works great here , no problems at all , im using eve , ihome,insteon+ , etc

only changed something at the router because of the bonjour service crashed sometimes turn off the WMM Support than it works perfect ,
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Similar connection issues here.

Log shows "Plugin Homekit bridge has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59246"

So... I ran netstat -a -b and can see that HomekitBridge is listening on port 59248 and could then connect to /dumpdb (which shows {"accessories": []})

For me, Homekitbridge.exe is always listening on the port listed in the log if you add 2 onto it.

Comment

ok , here it works ok , so there must be something wrong at your side , its not homekit , run a bonjour browser and see if its running .. then check the config of the homebridge exe delete the pair strings and try again

Comment

If its ok fraggel i post this ,

this is how it works @ me

First of all do this : go to your ios device go to settings - homekit and delete the device than go to settings / privacy/homekit and press reset .

than ,
                            go to the device interfaces homeseer , shut down the plugin

than do this (only if u tried pairing once ) and not if this is your first time !! :

open the HSPI.Homekitbridge.exe.config

replace this in there and save ,

Code:
                            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                            <configuration>

<appSettings>
                                <add key="BridgeName" value="HomeSeer Bridge" />
                                <add key="Statenr" value="1" />
                                <add key="loglevel" value="6" />
                                <add key="Confignr" value="2" />
                              </appSettings>
                              <startup>
                                <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" />
                              </startup>
                              <runtime>
                                <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                            		  <probing privatePath="bin\HomeKitBridge" />
                            	  </assemblyBinding>
                              </runtime>
                            </configuration>
                            after that enable developer mode in homeseer interfaces , and enable the plugin

go to eve search device , than go to homeseer select the plugin and click pair , now you see the device in your list and add it manual , thats it

kind regards
                            Last edited by Malosa; January 1, 2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

@malosa, no problem to post this. All help is appreciated of course.
                              Because januari 1st is a busy day I will not be able to respond very often.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                                If its ok fraggel i post this ,

this is how it works @ me

First of all do this : go to your ios device go to settings - homekit and delete the device than go to settings / privacy/homekit and press reset .

than ,
                                go to the device interfaces homeseer , shut down the plugin

than do this (only if u tried pairing once ) and not if this is your first time !! :

open the HSPI.Homekitbridge.exe.config

replace this in there and save ,

Code:
                                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
                                <configuration>

<appSettings>
                                    <add key="BridgeName" value="HomeSeer Bridge" />
                                    <add key="Statenr" value="1" />
                                    <add key="loglevel" value="6" />
                                    <add key="Confignr" value="2" />
                                  </appSettings>
                                  <startup>
                                    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" />
                                  </startup>
                                  <runtime>
                                    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                                          <probing privatePath="bin\HomeKitBridge" />
                                      </assemblyBinding>
                                  </runtime>
                                </configuration>
                                after that enable developer mode in homeseer interfaces , and enable the plugin

go to eve search device , than go to homeseer select the plugin and click pair , now you see the device in your list and add it manual , thats it

kind regards
                                Oke, i've tried that no screen to add it manual after trying to pair in Eve it jumps back to Select Accessory

I also tried to access http://127.0.0.1:61068/dumpdb at that works from the machine where I'm running HS3 on.

But with my iphone I've to use the ipadress from my machine where HS3 is on in stead of 127.0.0.1

So could that be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X