This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the same error.
    The plugin also disappeared from the plugin manager.

Comment

Never have seen that error before. Have to check what causes this.

Comment

It seems the problem shows when HS is restarted. It is some kind of difference between a debug version and release version. Have to contact HS about this.

For now, I put up a debug-version. No functional difference, but the code is compiled a little different. Restarting HS doesn't result in error messages anymore.

Comment

Please put the loglevel to 5 for this moment. The debug version contains much more logging. Which will flood the logs with tons of data. Hope to post the normal version asap.

[No longer applicable]
          Last edited by Fraggel; January 27, 2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Still can't find the problem, but a new release version with less logging has been uploaded which is working.

Comment

A new version is available. Updates in this version:

- Implemented a basic validity check when configuring new devices. It is no longer possible to save a partial configuration which leads to errors. It does not yet check for inconsistency (e.g. double characteristic in a single service).

- Implemented handling of configuration changes. When new devices are configured, they are automatically published and become visible on the iDevice without restarting the plugin.

-
              - Fixed a bug which would hang-up the pairing process when no or just one accessory was configured.

Please note, there is no need to reset pairing or change anything to the configuration after updating. The update will leave the configuration as it is.

Comment

Plugin information

Hi,

Just an update of the current status of the plugin. I know many of you are waiting for more devices to control.

At this moment I am working on mapping al kinds of HS values to HK values. It takes some time as I am also figuring out several hard to find bugs as reported on the forum. Once this feature is complete, new devices will follow soon.

Another thing that will come available is the possibility to use the device text next to its value. Some plugin manufacturers like to put extra data in their texts. Using regular expressions this value can be extracted and used. The functionality is working in my version, but I have to implement a nice way of editing it. Because of the regex, it will be quite an advanced, but also very powerful feature.
                Actually this feature was a test for the one mentioned above. I had to find a way to store more complex data structures in my config file without having to change the structure of the configfile too much.

When a new version is available, you will be notified here.

Comment

New version

Hi people,

Just announcing that a long awaited new version of HomeKitBridge is available through the updater.

Special thanks to Malosa for extensive testing.

A major refactoring has been put through. This can be noticed in some performance enhancements. I also hope this will fix the limited number of devices problem that has been reported at other threads.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Comment

Minor issue in this version:

When pairing is started, generating is being displayed, but the key never shows. It does show in the log though.

This will be fixed in the next version, until then, please consult the log for your pairing key.

Comment

I am not sure what logs you are referring to..
                      I checked the hs3 logs, and couldn't find it..
                      are there specific homekitbridge logs?? I was unable to find them..

Comment

It should be in the HS3 logs. If not, set the log level to debug logging at the configuration page.

Comment

OK, so I am further along again..
                          God I feel like I'm doing this all over again.. the migration from the new device is/was brutal...
                          anyways, so now I have the device when I goto the homebridge tab and select the service, and click save, it reloads to the main page, not the device page, and then when I see the device it says no reponse

I believe normally when I add the homebridge tab and click save it goes back to the Device properties,

Comment

I asked Tyler to add a beta version for me to the updater. Please note that it is currently pointing to the current version right now (see version number).

I will post it here when a the new iOS10 beta is available.

Comment

New BETA available

A BETA for the HomekitBridge plugin is available. You can find it in the BETA section of the updater.

Please note that this version can still contain some bugs.

Most interesting feature is support for iOS 10.

Please let me know what you think of the new update. if you encounter any bugs, please check this thread for any known errors. When creating a new thread, please indicate if you are using the beta.

Important to know:
                              • all devices that are part of a HS group and of which the root device is not configured will disappear from your iDevice. Please configure the root device to use this device again. A message is also displayed in the confutation panel of that device in HS, indicating the root device is not configured.
                                This is not an error, but by design. (It actually was faulty in previous versions)
                              • Some reports are known of events not functioning. I am looking into that. If it is not working for you, please disable events in the config page and let me know.
                              • When bonjour is not running, pairing is not possible. A message is shown and the button is not active. This is not a bug, but by design. If the button for pairing is not available, check your bonjour service.

Beta issues are moved to a separate thread to keep this one clean...
                              Last edited by Fraggel; September 30, 2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Plugin information

I just released a new non-beta version.
                                Major changes:
                                - iOS 10 suppport
                                - added some new device types
                                - improved stability

Changes regarding to latest beta
                                - added sorting of the device list in communication to prevent blocking issues
                                - fixed non updating sensors.
                                - added contact sensor service
                                Last edited by Fraggel; December 9, 2016, 01:00 AM. Reason: Adding a little more detail

Comment

Working...
                                X