No announcement yet.

Downloaded plugin from updater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you try installing beta over production release to see what happens? Right now the plugin is pretty much useless. Doesn't stay connected very long and when disconnected can't connect again? Is anyone else having these issues. Thanks for your continued help....Rick

Comment

Did it fail again? Did you get the logs?

I will try and repeat this scenario, but our son is sick and is in and out of the hospital this week having MRIs and other tests done. I have to leave the house really early tomorrow morning to get him to the hospital by 7am for more tests, so I won't likely get to it tonight. Last night I was up late with him trying to get him to sleep.

I am committed to trying to get this solved for you, but without logs I can't see exactly what is going on in your system. If you want, I gave you instructions on doing a clean install above. You can try that and see if it stabilizes.

Comment

Yes, I understand !!!! Your son by all means comes first !!!! Praying he will be better ASAP. !!!!!

I think I am having connection problems with my hub itself. Need to do more investigation on connection issues !!!!!

I will send logs soon !!!! Take care...Rick

Comment

I don't want to be "that guy", but most the time I see this issue it's a network issue. The thing with the phone apps working is that they only connect for a comparatively brief period of time.

Things I would check:
          • Router
          • If you have a separate WiFi Access point, then check that.

I have issues with some WiFi devices here (a few Kindle Fires) that won't stay connected, but immediately reconnect after about 30 seconds. My plugin should handle that unless for some reason the hub starts actively rejecting requests.

Are you using any other plugins that hit the hub at the same time?

Comment

Right now even the phone app is having issues connecting to the hub.

Not sure what is meant by having other plugins that hit the hub at the same time? I have the CPU-XA Plugin to handle X10 and digital I/O. Also have Jowi-Hue Plugin. I don't have many plugins.

Can I just disable the plugins with the device management page one at a time to see if things clear up and then re-enable them?

I have the harmony hub inside a cabinet where I have the xfinity dvr. Probably not the best place for wifi coverage. I tend to agree that it is a wifi issue. I am wondering if a wifi booster would be appropriate in the room?

Your continued thoughts and help on your plugin are much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Comment

If you can see the hub the front light will turn red if it fully loses wifi.

Also of you havent tried, unplug the hub for about a minute and plug it back in.

As to being in the cabinet, it will depend how far it is from your access point. Mine happens to sit just a few feet from one of my ceiling mounted access points so has great signal. You could try with the cabinet open (if it has doors) or on top of the cabinet temporarily to see if that helps rule out wifi. As fast as I know there is no way in their app to see wifi strength, which kinda sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

How is your son doing? Have you found out more about what is going on with his condition? I hope and pray that he will be very well soon !!!!! Take care !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for asking. It actually went better than expected. He handled it like a champ and was very brave despite multiple things that normally would set him off in a screaming fit...LOL. The doctors and nurses were great and they made it an awesome experience.

We are waiting for results, but so far they say that his most recent symptoms are long term side effects from when he had "Cat scratch fever" (Bartonella) late last year and that it's not unheard of to have these kinds of side effects months after recovering from an illness like that.

Needless to say, we are being cautiously optimistic

How are the Wifi issues going with the Hub? Any luck?

Comment

That is great news !!!!! Still working on connection issues. Do you know anything about wifi extenders/boosters? Do you think this would help much? Thanks again...Rick

Comment

Hello Frank,

It's location, location, location !!!! I moved the hub out of the equipment cabinet and relocated it. This appears to have resolved all connection problems. You plugin now works as advertised and actually works quite well. It connects and disconnects as advertised.

I went into my router IP Setup and associated the hubs IP Address with its MAC Address so if I have to restart my network the hub will keep its same IP Address. Works very well !!!!!

Your support on your plugin is great so will gladly send payment for your plugin and recommend it to others on this forum !!!!! It does what I need it do do and then some !!!!! Great job Frank !!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Rick,

I am super happy to hear that it's all working for you now.

As to wifi extenders, I haven't used them very often so I don't want to make any suggestions, but you can easily post in the off-topic section of this forum and you are likely to get tons of advice and great suggestions

Comment

Hi Frank,

Well this morning I tried to use the plugin and it was not responding. I tried using the harmony hub phone app and it worked great.

I noticed that there was no forcefull disconnect and the app said it was connected. I was unable to connect or disconnect from the app. Seems like plugin just stopped.

I will try removing plugin as you mentioned in an earlier post and installing the beta version. If this doesn't work I will send the log for you to take a look at. It was running for a couple of days just fine.

Take care and thanks again !!!! Rick

Comment

I have rarely seen this. I have monitoring here locally to try and catch it, but it happens so rare, I'm never able to catch it. My copy has been running for weeks without issue.

If you are able to catch it, please forward on the logs. I'm constantly trying to improve the code that catches forceful disconnects and sets the status (It turns out to not be as easy as it sounds to catch all cases).

Comment

The strange thing about this is that it was not a forcefull disconnect as the app was saying that it was connected. When I tried to tell the app to disconnect and then connect there was no response. It is like the plugin just locked and no communication at all.

Was wondering if you are able to load the beta version over the released version to see if you can duplicate this issue?

The only way I can gain control of plugin is to disable the plugin from plugin management screen and then re-enable it.

I think I will try disabling and re-enabling the plugin again to see how long it stays running before I try removing app and and reinstalling a fesh copy of the beta.

Will keep you posted and thanks again.....Rick

Comment

Frank,

The PI continues to crash. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Current Date/Time: 5/7/2018 5:53:54 PM
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.423
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
                                System Uptime: 9 Days 0 Hours 29 Minutes 59 Seconds
                                IP Address: 192.168.0.2
                                Number of Devices: 828
                                Number of Events: 358
                                Available Threads: 400
                                HSTouch Enabled: True
                                Event Threads: 1
                                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                                Device Exec Queue: 0
                                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                                Email Send Queue: 0
                                Anti Virus Installed: