Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    [I]
    Everything done or running on a Windows 10 desktop / laptop interacts with Microsoft making Microsoft Windows 10 the ultimate experience.
    lol, "Making Windows 10 the ultimate experience" They should get David Carradine to be their spokesperson, ...Oh wait.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

All I can say is try the installation of Windows 10 Pro Redstone version using only Cortana. Ask her anything while installing....
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I would let it run and see if memory eventually comes down. .NET can act strange and not clean up memory as expected.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Scripting support on Linux is still too weak for that.

No, my conclusion is that it's either HomeSeer or Windows 10 1803 who is acting up.
        It could be either. Or both.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          I would let it run and see if memory eventually comes down. .NET can act strange and not clean up memory as expected.
          I tried. That didn't happen.
          In every case, roughly after 40-48 hours after a reboot, HomeSeer would run out of memory (according to the error messages in the log) and begin to malfunction.

The ONLY change was the update from Windows version 1709 to 1803.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I know you won't believe me, but I bet Windows is in a bad state, some system files or registry entries are changed. I would love to see you simply move your HS folder to another system and see if it acts the same. Do you have another PC, or laptop that you could test it on?

In every case, roughly after 40-48 hours after a reboot, HomeSeer would run out of memory (according to the error messages in the log) and begin to malfunction.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Did you let 1803 finish patching itself? It seems to take a while after the initial install to reach update stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I know you won't believe me, but I bet Windows is in a bad state, some system files or registry entries are changed. I would love to see you simply move your HS folder to another system and see if it acts the same. Do you have another PC, or laptop that you could test it on?

This mirrors my experience with 1803. Having talked to several computer repair folks about my issues with 1803, they had a lot of computers in for repair that were in bad shape. Each had their own 1803 war stories to share, with their own take (and little consensus) on the real problem.

My opinion is that a fresh install of W10 is the only way out of the mess. At least, it was the only thing that worked for me..... YMMV.
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                  Did you let 1803 finish patching itself? It seems to take a while after the initial install to reach update stability.

This is an extremely interesting notion and a behavior with which I am not familiar. It might, however, explain the behavior of my computer. 1803 would update "successfully" and run normally for a few hours and then, attended or not, it would crash with a black screen and spinning cursor. It was a repeatable condition, which could not be solved by a repair or rollback, only by a fresh install.....
                  HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                  Home Assistant 2024.3
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                  Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                  Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                  WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Folks, the choice is stark but a reality. An allegiance to Windows or a working HS3. It's been stated time and time again here. Windows is heading to the cloud.

Using two different variants of Linux on two different boards and no real problems for months.

If your favourite plugin cannot adapt to the world of Linux maybe it's time you found an alternative.

Comment

People on these boards have trouble with both windows and Linux, while most have working reliable systems on either. Your posting portrays to be fact what is only your opinion.
                      tenholde

Comment

In relation to this thread, is there a complete changelog available of each release?
                        I am now on release 425 but in release 435 an bug with the event system should have been solved. However the current release is 445 and the changelog isn't mention anything about previous updates and their changes.
                        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Actually, I had the same idea, so I put it to the test.
                          I have tried HS3 on two machines running 1803.

The first is my HS3-server that's been updated from two or three times. The last one from 1706 to 1803. That's when the problems started.

Figuring it could be that the update procedure was causing problems, I grabbed the ISO-files (using MediaCreationTool.exe from Microsoft) and set it up again. Directly to 1803. Exactly the same problems!

I didn't find any way to install the 1706 version of Windows 10 again, so I installed Windows 7. No problems. Just like Windows 10 before the 1803 update.

All three "computers" are virtual running on exactly the same hardware with exactly the same software installed. The VMs are configured with precisely the same settings. And of course exactly the same copy of the HS3 folder on all.

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          I gave it two weeks...
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                            People on these boards have trouble with both windows and Linux, while most have working reliable systems on either. Your posting portrays to be fact what is only your opinion.
                            My opinion certainly but shared by many both inside and outside of this forum.

Even MS in their wisdom have ploughed finance and resources into the efforts of Linux in the shape of Xamarin's development of the Mono Project and it's ability to run .Net Framework designed programs in the Linux environment. Businesses like Homeseer have benefited greatly from this and they got my business purely on this basis.

Closed source technologies are no longer acceptable in this day and age. As Moskus has experienced, you're only one update away from a broken system as he struggles to downgrade his Windows system to get it HS3 working with it. This scenario would hardly fill a Windows user with much confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                              As Moskus has experienced, you're only one update away from a broken system as he struggles to downgrade his Windows system to get it HS3 working with it.
                              Yeah. But the same can also happen with Linux, so it really doesn't matter.

I have other services running on Linux, and they aren't without problems either. I've been running HomeSeer on Windows for over 10 years. Just because update 1803 is acting up, I see no reason to stop now when it is my OS of preference.

If it's Windows that is the problem, it's not very likely that I'm the only one having issues. So it will be fixed. I will report it too.

If it's HS3 causing problems, then I might be the first to have this problem but others will follow. HST can't just abandon Windows if they want to stay in the game, so they need to fix it when they can replicate the problem.

My point is: As long as you are running software on a OS you might get problems. Now it was my turn. I'm just trying to help out others (or HST) if they see the same thing.

Comment

Yeah. But the same can also happen with Linux, so it really doesn't matter.

I have other services running on Linux, and they aren't without problems either. I've been running HomeSeer on Windows for over 10 years. Just because update 1803 is acting up, I see no reason to stop now when it is my OS of preference.

If it's Windows that is the problem, it's not very likely that I'm the only one having issues. So it will be fixed. I will report it too.

If it's HS3 causing problems, then I might be the first to have this problem but others will follow. HST can't just abandon Windows if they want to stay in the game, so they need to fix it when they can replicate the problem.

My point is: As long as you are running software on a OS you might get problems. Now it was my turn. I'm just trying to help out others (or HST) if they see the same thing.
                                My gut instinct here is that many users are suffering from beta fatigue and have decided not to jump on board the current round of beta testing. Personally I had decided not to partake in this round of testing either but as the subject of problems was raised here I decided to update one of the Pi3 boards.

All tested and found to be working fine. Raspbian Stretch and Mono 5.12

In light of the fact that many Windows users have not loaded .445 you may have difficulty apportioning the fault to either Windows or HS3 but hopefully you do isolate the problem. It does seem odd that everything was working fine prior to the latest Windows update.

Unfortunately the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule does not apply in your case as the Windows update was forced upon you.

Comment

Working...
                                X