This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    Thank you for your work on this. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance yet to test the additions since I didn't particularly have a use for them at the time. I hope to soon though, but a couple questions first.

I have 1 8 button on/off keypad, with firmware version 41. This does not show a detach load option. I assume it is a 2487S but I'm not certain.

I have 2 8 button dimmer keypads with firmware versions 43 and 45. These do have the detach load options.

I'd like to install another 8 button switch but have the upper right button control the load, instead of the upper left.

Questions:

1) Smarthome only sells a 6-button on/off keypad now. I don't recall if my previous purchase was a 8-button from the store, or if I converted it to an 8-button. Does anyone know if their current 6-button on/off keypad can still be converted to an 8-button?

2) Can I assume the newer on/off keypad models also support "Detach Load" like my two newer dimmers do? Does the plugin support that feature on the on/off keypads?

20% off sale is on now at Smarthome! I'm filling my cart.
    1. you should be able to convert the 6-btn to 8-btn. do this before registering with the plugin. see the manual for converting.

2. all newer firmwares support Detach Load
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Excellent! Thank you very much.

I did look at the manual for the 6-button on/off keypad before I posted, but I couldn't locate where it showed how to convert to 8-button. I know I've done it with dimmers in the past so hopefully it's the same and I can find that info in the dimmer manual.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Hi Mark,

I finally got around to installing another 8-button keypad switch, the one device I alluded to earlier where I'd really like to have the load control on the top right instead of top left. I could not locate the detach option inside of this device's setup page. Has it been implemented for switches yet? I know I never got around to testing this for you very well before, so perhaps it got pulled. I definitely have need now.

Device Type: Dual-Band KeypadLinc On/Off
        Firmware Version: 44

Much thanks!
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Hi Mark,

I finally got around to installing another 8-button keypad switch, the one device I alluded to earlier where I'd really like to have the load control on the top right instead of top left. I could not locate the detach option inside of this device's setup page. Has it been implemented for switches yet? I know I never got around to testing this for you very well before, so perhaps it got pulled. I definitely have need now.

Device Type: Dual-Band KeypadLinc On/Off
          Firmware Version: 44

Much thanks!
          Mike
          the Detach Load option is in the Op Flags section of the device page within the plugin
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That's where I looked, but I currently only have 4 options listed there:
            Programming Lock
            Buttons
            Backlight
            Key Beep
            Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to mention, I'm running 3.0.7.0

Comment

Can you tell me the devicetype value from the insteon.ini for the kpl in question
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

DeviceType=022C

Comment

Mike, this gets a little complicated. devicetype 022C is an older kpl (even with the newer fw). i believe based on the fw version, that it does support the detach load option.However, i don't have this option in the plugin for this older devicetype. Smarthome didn't release the dev notes about this fw feature until they came out with newer devicetypes of the KPLs. I have an entirely new class driver for these newer devices. I didn't retrofit older KPL devicetypes (like the 022c) with this option. My concern was changing the class driver of existing registered devices (022C) to the newer class driver would break a bunch of user settings.

do you have other 022C fw 44 KPLs in your setup?

i will see what i can do about making this a user option to have the 022C fw 44 use the newer class driver

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. I have only 1 other on/off keypad in the house and it is Firmware Version: 41. I'm not at home now to be able to check the .ini file for the DeviceType but if you're still curious about that DeviceType value for the fw 41 keypad, I can send that when I get home.

Thanks!

Comment

Note: my fw 41 on/off keypad also only has those same 4 op flags. No more, no less.

Comment

Note: my fw 41 on/off keypad also only has those same 4 op flags. No more, no less.
                          understood. you won't find the feature based on the older devicetypes you have. I will have to post the next beta to fix this for you
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

I see BETA 3.0.7.1 in the updater. Does that have the fixes I'm looking for or are those still in the works? I don't mean to be impatient, I can wait. Just looking to confirm if the beta that's there is the one I want or not. I couldn't locate any mentions of it in the forum.

Thanks!

Comment

That’s not it. I’ll post this weekend
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mike,
                                I posted 3.0.7.2 in the Beta section of the Updater. This will add the Detached Load feature to all 022C KPLs with fw 43+. There are a copule other changes for these KPLs as well. No Off button support, no toggle Off mode

A few things to test and report back on:
                                1. since you already have the 022C KPL registered, how does it perform after you only upgrade the plugin
                                2.The Off hs device will be disfunctional; you may just want to delete it
                                3. if you have problems, remove the KPL from the plugin, factory reset it, and register it again
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X