Stelpro ZWave Thermostats anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stelpro ZWave Thermostats anyone?

I am getting ready to change all my baseboard thermostats from basic thermostats to Stelpro Wave STZW402+. At the same time I am planning to upgrade my home automation by adding the Zee S2 to my existing Elk M1. There are not many choices for 220V baseboard heaters. Sinope has interesting stuff and Stelpro has their KI (zwave) and are coming out with a new product that will have its own propriety controller, although it seems that t will be base on Zigbee. In my case I want open standard and full control without a cloud service

Question
    Anyone using a Stelpro KI with Zee S2 combination? I am more into knowing if the Econo mode will work remotely. Also with the basic Zwave plugin I suspect that in HS my thermostats will all appear with fan and cooling buttons. All I need is temperature setting and econo mode. Any recommendations? As this will be used at my country house I will be using rules and want various preset settings

Works well

I'm using a Stelpro thermostat with a 220v (110+2 without neutral) baseboard, and works fine.
    It's Z-Wave plus, paired without issues, works reliably and instant response works as expected.
    HS3 doesn't have specific support for this thermostat. It knows it's a heat-only thermostat, there are no fan controls.
    HS3 can set it to either 'heat' or 'Energy Save Heat' mode, and a setting for the temperature.

HS3 can see the temperature it's set to, if it's on or off, and temperature sensor from the thermostat.

I used the thermostat with a Vera, then with HS3 with USB and then I replaced it with a Z-Net, so I don't think you should have any issues connecting it.

Caveat: There is a setting on the thermostat to display external/outside temperature. HS3 does not do that, so I disabled it on the thermostat.
    Also note that the thermostat regulates power to the the baseboard. It has three settings low, med, high, so it might not work with other devices.

Originally posted by Jack View Post
    I am getting ready to change all my baseboard thermostats from basic thermostats to Stelpro Wave STZW402+. At the same time I am planning to upgrade my home automation by adding the Zee S2 to my existing Elk M1. There are not many choices for 220V baseboard heaters. Sinope has interesting stuff and Stelpro has their KI (zwave) and are coming out with a new product that will have its own propriety controller, although it seems that t will be base on Zigbee. In my case I want open standard and full control without a cloud service

Question
    Anyone using a Stelpro KI with Zee S2 combination? I am more into knowing if the Econo mode will work remotely. Also with the basic Zwave plugin I suspect that in HS my thermostats will all appear with fan and cooling buttons. All I need is temperature setting and econo mode. Any recommendations? As this will be used at my country house I will be using rules and want various preset settings

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
      I'm using a Stelpro thermostat with a 220v (110+2 without neutral) baseboard, and works fine.
      It's Z-Wave plus, paired without issues, works reliably and instant response works as expected.
      HS3 doesn't have specific support for this thermostat. It knows it's a heat-only thermostat, there are no fan controls.
      HS3 can set it to either 'heat' or 'Energy Save Heat' mode, and a setting for the temperature.

HS3 can see the temperature it's set to, if it's on or off, and temperature sensor from the thermostat.

I used the thermostat with a Vera, then with HS3 with USB and then I replaced it with a Z-Net, so I don't think you should have any issues connecting it.

Caveat: There is a setting on the thermostat to display external/outside temperature. HS3 does not do that, so I disabled it on the thermostat.
      Also note that the thermostat regulates power to the the baseboard. It has three settings low, med, high, so it might not work with other devices.
      I can second the info on the StelPro.... I have 6 of them and going to be adding a 7th.... So. Yes they work and I've had no problems with them. I've used them with SmartThings, Vera, Home Assistant and now HS3 with a USB stick. In the future a z-net will be added into the mix and I don't expect any problems. As already mentioned the "outside temp" virtual temperature doesn't (currently) work with HS3, but that's the only thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

As already mentioned the "outside temp" virtual temperature doesn't (currently) work with HS3, but that's the only thing.
        Any luck with the 'outsideTemp' attribute?

I've 10 of these zwave thermostats and have recently migrated to HomeSeer from SmartThings.

Have you tried to set the "heatdetails" value to control the operating state notifications from HomeSeer?

James

Comment

Hi,

I have 7 of those, and would like to display the outside temp on it. I'm using AmbientWeather WS-8482 with an outside sensor that give me temp/hum in real time.
          How to link it and dusplay it on the Stelpro STZW402+?

Anyone have found the solution?

Thanks,
          Joel

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
            Works well

I do not know this thermostat at all ,

If I understand this right, you can set the thermostat to off manually, but you can’t set it to off from zwave? Are you able to set the thermostat to on from zwave if it is off (or will it turn on itself when you change the setpoint?

Comment

I also saw on another forum (couldn’t find the link)
              that the zw Stelpro can be very chatty on the z wave network when the temp is near of the setpoint . *** not sure about the real nature of this ‘issue’ , but I 100/100 remember that was woring about flooding his zw network at the point .

Here I need 6. But won’t be happy if it puts the zw network on the knees.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                I also saw on another forum (couldn’t find the link)
                that the zw Stelpro can be very chatty on the z wave network when the temp is near of the setpoint . *** not sure about the real nature of this ‘issue’ , but I 100/100 remember that was woring about flooding his zw network at the point .

Here I need 6. But won’t be happy if it puts the zw network on the knees.
                I recall that chatty post about it too. And I remember, when I had about 7 of them on my HS3 I could see a lot of logs going on. Anyhow, I remove them all from HS3 and moved them to a separate zwave network using the old Vera I have, I find it better manage from Vera and I use the display to show me outside temperature which I could not do with HS.

Comment

Working...
                X