DLNA Manager Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
    Ok, I want to get content to route from various content sources and various content renderers all via the hstouch interface.

I'm getting a BUNCH of these messages and they are blowing up my logs.

11/2/2012 10:08:14 PM - DLNA Manager - Device Finder Callback received for UPnPDevice [TV]55LM7600 with device name = uuid:00:xx:xx:xx:xx:x and Model = HomeSeer Web Control
    Is the TV off when it happens?
    Do you see on only this log or other log events?
    How frequent?
    Are you running XP?
    Is HS is discoverable using UPNP set?

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      1. Is the TV off when it happens?
      2. Do you see on only this log or other log events?
      3. How frequent?
      4. Are you running XP?
      5. Is HS is discoverable using UPNP set?

Thanks

Dirk
      1. yes
      2. vast majority of this one, but there are others
      3. very often, 20 seconds
      4. yes
      5. yes
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

5. yes
        Can you turn "HS is discoverable via UPNP" off and see if it goes away? There is a problem between XP and HS' implementation of UPNP. It responds to discovery messages when it shouldn't. I introduced a workaround filter a long time ago but there seems to be other problems.

You blanked out the uuid: can you look at it and compare it with the mac address of your homeseer PC? You said you had more errors from other devices. Do these errors look the same? The giveaway is that the device name is correct (in your posted log it is [TV]55LM7600 but the model name is clearly indicating that homeseer is responding (HomeSeer Web Control).

I've only seen this (and others in the past) on XP machines never on Vista or Win7. Since then, on my machines, I have turned the option in HS off to make it discoverable via UPnP, I think it is a dinosaur, something not really used anymore. It actually would give me other errors on XP back in the days, long ago moved to Win7. I'll look for other places where I should filter this out.

Now back to the original question: "Ok, I've tried to make this work on HSTouch by dropping in the default music screen, add some content provider selection buttons, and wired up the stop button to disconnect whichever content provider may have been selected. I know, that's the wrong way to do it, but I am testing...". Let me ask the question better. When you say: "dropping the default music screen" is that the " basic music browser" template in HS Designer? The start/stop/pause functions should work on any DLNA device, the navigate through content is not working yet because the way these functions work, they were hardcoded by the HS team based on how their iTunes and WMP PIs work. Most DLNA servers have a very different way to navigate through content. If you go to the DLNA PI's players page by clicking on your player at the top of HS web page, select a server, you see how it allows you to navigate through pictures, video and depending on the server implementation, it will have many other ways to select like "most recent", " favorite", "by year" .... I haven't found a way to shoehorn that into what this "basic music template" needs or what HST can do. To make matters worse, DLNA players don't have queues so for HSTouch to really be effective, it needs to have a list box like a queue that you can add/delete from, another challenge with current HST functions. Depending on the player's DLNA implementation, you should have artwork, volume, mute ...

If you were not using the "basic music browser" template but were doing something else, some screenshots may help.

The HS team has asked me to provide some feedback on their musicAPI for potential implementation on HS3, which in essence is what you see (and limits you) in HSTouch.

I hope this explains it a bit more, sure not what you wanted to read, do feel encouraged to post ideas, issues, complaints

Dirk

Comment

I'm getting a BUNCH of these messages and they are blowing up my logs.

11/2/2012 10:08:14 PM - DLNA Manager - Device Finder Callback received for UPnPDevice [TV]55LM7600 with device name = uuid:00:xx:xx:xx:xx:x and Model = HomeSeer Web Control
          Just looked at the code, I see that the "XP/HS protection" will do it's job but you do see the log entries each time. Next version has it suppressed.

Dirk

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.27 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.27:
            • Errors can show up when you run the plugin on an XP machine with the option "HS is Discoverable via UPnP" turned on. Benign error but a nuisance and removed here

Comment

Hi,
              I would like a suggestion from you now that I have HSTouch picture frame working. Right now I have Allshare on the HS Server and all share on the Samsung TV and Samsung BlueRay. The allshare program on the server is not reliable, it will not refresh the folders and it is unstable. I would like to substitute it with another DLNA that is compatible and well integrated with both the TV, the DVD and the HS Server. What would you suggest?

Thanks,
              Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                Hi,
                I would like a suggestion from you now that I have HSTouch picture frame working. Right now I have Allshare on the HS Server and all share on the Samsung TV and Samsung BlueRay. The allshare program on the server is not reliable, it will not refresh the folders and it is unstable. I would like to substitute it with another DLNA that is compatible and well integrated with both the TV, the DVD and the HS Server. What would you suggest?

Thanks,
                Aldo
                I would toss Allshare, gave me major heartburn as well.

Install Serviio (http://www.serviio.org/) or Tversity (http://tversity.com/download) which comes with a small fee but I like their DLNA server (which came installed on my IOMega NAS).

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,
                  Thanks, great suggestions. How would they integrate with the Samsung TV and DVD? Both of my TV and DVD have Smarthub integrated with All share, would I need to use another app on the smarthub?

Comment

Dirk,
                    Thanks, great suggestions. How would they integrate with the Samsung TV and DVD? Both of my TV and DVD have Smarthub integrated with All share, would I need to use another app on the smarthub?
                    Nope, the TV is also DLNA (controller) enabled, it discovers the Serviio DLNA server and will allow you to select it as a media source, allows you to browse it and select from it. If I hit Media.p button on my remote that came with the TV, it allows you to select the DLNA devices (Blue button) ...

Comment

Thank you very much Dirk, of course mine will mostly have some kind of issues since I have the D model.

I will keep you posted.
                      Aldo

Comment

Dirk,
                        I just want to thank you for the great feedback in regard of Serviio, it is already fully functioning on both the HSTouch and on my Droid.

Just a quick note, I had to remove the ini file to have the DLNA rediscover the Serviio media server instead of the POS Allshare. not an issue at all, it took few seconds to rebuild.

Thanks again for your feedback,
                        Aldo

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                          Just a quick question for you, since I moved it to Serviio, the image resolution on the HSTouch is pixels, another word, the image is not clear. I tried to adjust the picture size from the DLNA config under config. I changed it from Medium to large to default but it did not make any difference.

In the log I get these messages
                          11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = MED
                          11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = TN
                          11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = LRG
                          11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = MED
                          11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = TN
                          11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = LRG
                          11/10/2012 10:46:55 AM Event Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben

Thanks,
                          Aldo

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.28 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.28:
                            • Low resolution pictures show up on HST client when using Serviio as DMS (could happen with other DMS which provide artwork resource)

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                              Just a quick question for you, since I moved it to Serviio, the image resolution on the HSTouch is pixels, another word, the image is not clear. I tried to adjust the picture size from the DLNA config under config. I changed it from Medium to large to default but it did not make any difference.

In the log I get these messages
                              11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = MED
                              11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = TN
                              11/10/2012 10:46:57 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = LRG
                              11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = MED
                              11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = TN
                              11/10/2012 10:46:56 AM DLNA Manager FindRightSizePictureURL found res info for device - HS Touch Device and PictureSize = LRG
                              11/10/2012 10:46:55 AM Event Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_Monitor.vben

Thanks,
                              Aldo
                              Just posted new beta .28 that should fix this.
                              Let me know the outcome
                              Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                                Not sure what magic you did but it works great

Thanks again,
                                Aldo

Comment

Working...
                                X