This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passwords and HS Touch

I have tried every combination and read every post I could find. I cannot get the Ipad HSTouch to login. I am logged into my server from a remote machine across the lan and I have the firewalls disabled on both machines I always access the HSPro server webpage using a bookmark and get straight in. I thought I would logout using the logout button in the web interface and then I cannot login again..... I then reload the webpage from the bookmark and get straight in. Have I found a huge security floor? So basic summary is I can get in using bookmark but cannot get in when prompted for password.

BTW I run the server on port 81 rather than port 80 but that shouldn't make a difference. I cannot get over have difficult something so simple has turned out to be

If you have "Require Password for Local Area Logins" in Setup -> Web Server set to NO then you won't be prompted for the password in your LAN.

You can change your password in Setup -> Web Users.
    Mike

Comment

Thanks. OK that explains the web login but HSTouch still cant authenticate. I see in the log window that it has connected but it fails authentication. BTW the server should not prompt for password if that parameter is set to no.....hmmmm

Comment

See this thread for connection troubleshooting tips:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150414
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. Tried all of that. Nothing. The Log sees the connection and will not accept the password and then kicks the ipad out.....

Comment

Ok Now we have a new error. admin:admin command refused. Client is not logged in. Then a little bit later it says Client dropped connection 192.168.0.11/57564. Any Ideas?

Comment

I had a lot of trouble like yours, when I connected my Ipad.

Somehow i ended up with a blank users.cfg. Not the first place I looked. (I had to find a backup.)

I did a lot of making new users and changing software versions, so unfortunally I don't know, what fixed the problem.

Regards
              Morten

Comment

My isers.cfg file looks OK although it is a bit hard to tell as it is encrypted but it is there and where I have the same password it has the same chars so maybe it is OK. Gee it would be nice if the log actually logged why it spat out the user?

Comment

It might be worth deleting your users.cfg file and restarting HomeSeer which recreates the file. Then recreate your user account to see if this helps. default/default is the default account.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It might be worth deleting your users.cfg file and restarting HomeSeer which recreates the file. Then recreate your user account to see if this helps. default/default is the default account.
                    That's what I had to do with my Ipod. Was having the same probs you are.

Tim
                    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Sadly that did not solve my problems. Does anyone know how we can get some decent logging out of the server. The server is seing the connection and refusing it. Maybe its just me but is it too much to ask for something more specific than error message = error?

Comment

I am not surprised this is a problem. I deleted the application and data from the Ipad and redownloaded it from the Istore and it still doesnt work but it is erroring using the old device name. The application is writing data poorly and not updating its own files properly....

Comment

Can anyone suggest an alternative product that works?

Comment

Working...
                          X