Unable to set GE dimmer ramp rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to set GE dimmer ramp rate

I can't set the "ramp rate for local control" on my GE/Jasco dimmer switches. I can set the value in the z-wave panel and after clicking set the command appears to be sent to the device but the screen refresh shows no change and the dimmer behavior doesn't change either. I also tried manually setting the values with the manual set parameters button at the bottom of the z-wave pane but this yielded the same results.

Otherwise all dimmers are working correctly, and I can set the "ramp rate for on off commands" and other z-wave parameters without problem.

This did work at one time, I remember playing with these settings a while ago and it could have been with a different version of the z-wave plugin. (?)

I have re-scanned and optimized the nodes and that's successful but doesn't resolve the issue. I have not tried deleting and re-adding to the network yet. No errors in the log file.

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297 (Windows)
    z-wave plugin version 3.0.1.87

Here's an example node -

Network and Node ID E389610D, 10
    Manufacturer Jasco Products (ID=0x63)
    Product Type 0x4944 Product ID 0x3031
    Node Name from Node Bathroom1
    Node Location from Node Bathroom
    Node Type GENERIC TYPE SWITCH MULTILEVEL
    Supports Status Yes
    Dimmable Yes
    Library Type Routing Slave
    Z-Wave Lib Version 3.67 (ZDK 4.55)
    Application Version 3.37
    Command Class Switch Multilevel Command Class Version 1
    Next Poll Time and Failures 1:32 PM / 0
    Neighboring Nodes 9
    Neighbors: 1, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 26

Thanks,
    Aaron

Update: I am able to set the values manually after all by changing parameters 9 (1-99) and 10 (1-255) (both 1 byte). The "Ramp Rate for Local Control" box still does not behave as expected but I can deal with setting these manually.

It would be really cool to be able to set these options system-wide instead of having to go through 10, 20, 30?? light switches individually. Or, allowing the use of HS variables for these parameters that could be set globally.
    Last edited by ; March 5, 2017, 06:02 PM. Reason: New Findings

For anyone looking in the future, here is the info on GE/Jasco Z-Wave parameters: http://www.ezzwave.com/advanced-operation/

Comment

I could only get the parameters to work when setting them to 2 Byte.

Comment

Working...
      X