No announcement yet.

Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you will have to wait until we add multiple Z-Net support. I thought it would work if you enabled just one, but its defaulting to the interface that is marked as "Main". I bet the other interfaces don't get marked if they are alone.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I can confirm, this DOES NOT work. If I disable two Z-Nets, leaving my primary controller enabled i get this:

[ATTACH]61566[/ATTACH]

Z-Seer+ will only will find the Garage Z-Net and if that interface is disabled it causes Z-Seer+ to fail. If I stop and restart the Z-Wave plug-in Z-Seer+ no longer errors at startup, but fails to query the one enabled interface. I will try powering them down later today.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Does this mean that those of us with a Z-Troller can't see the route lines?

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      OK, "Last working route" will only display if you have a 500 series controller. Do you have a SmartStick+, Z-NET or UZB controller?
      Don

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Are there any errors in the HS log? I assume you are running the 3.0.1.124 Z-Wave plugin? It looks like the Z-Wave information in the plugin is not matching your devices in HS for some reason, so no devices are found. If you go to the Z-Wave tab in one of your devices, does it show node information ok?
        Yes running 3.0.1.124 Z Wave plugin
        No errors in the HS Log
        See screenshot for node 7 device.
        All Z-wave devices works fine.
        Attached Files
        Jon

Comment

At a total loss. Can you zip up your Z-Wave database file (z-wave2.db) and your HomeSeer .HSD file and email them to me? I can then load them and see what is going on.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Yes running 3.0.1.124 Z Wave plugin
          No errors in the HS Log
          See screenshot for node 7 device.
          All Z-wave devices works fine.

Comment

Sorry, yes, the Z-Troller is an older Z-Wave library and does not support reporting of routing. The feature requires a new 500 series chip. If you have a larger Z-Wave network you should really update to a 500 series, there are many new features that make Z-Wave work better.

If you purchased Z-Seer and cannot use it, just email support to get a refund.

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            Does this mean that those of us with a Z-Troller can't see the route lines?

Comment

If you purchased Z-Seer and cannot use it, just email support to get a refund.
              Or... maybe this is a good time to consider a 500 series controller? you can backup your existing network, restore it to a SmartStick+ or Z-NET or Nortek stick and then optimize your network to rebuild the routing table... without having to redo your system.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                They are nearly impossible to troubleshoot, but they are real.

From my perspective they have remained across several different HS3 servers, several different Z-Nets and can affect many different nodes. My wife has been complaining about and I have been chasing them since 2015. They seemed to go away altogether in the fall of 2015, but then crept back in from time to time. There have been some plug-in releases that the delays are almost nonexistent, but the latest releases (since 3.0.1.87) have presented more frequent delays.

I have turned on Z-Wave command logging and the delays can occur when there is very little traffic and periods of extreme traffic can present virtually no delay. I have set the send timeout to 2 seconds. Whenever I have a chance I will look at the plug-in configuration page when there was a delay and all of the queues are empty. The report buffers range between 10-40. I have even disabled all energy reporting, which seems to eliminate virtually all of the report buffer items, yet the intermittent delays continue.

I have created events with logging and timers that prove the delays exist, but have found absolutely nothing within the system that correlates to the delays.

While I was composing this post, I used a MiniMote to turn on and off some track lights over and over. Out of 25 tries, the control was almost instant, certainly so fast as to be completely acceptable. About the tenth try there was a 2 second delay, followed by a 5 second delay, the remaining control returned to nearly instant.

I wish I had the tools to examine exactly what is going on behind the scenes to narrow down the exact point in the process where the delay is introduced. Perhaps I have the tools and don't know how to use them. The delay could be in getting the command to the plug-in from HS, to Z-Net from the plug-in, to the Z-Wave device from the Z-Net. I think the Z-Net itself has nothing to do with the delay, since they were there with Z-Trollers. Since the delays are directly attributable to certain plug-in versions, it would seem that the delay is introduced within the plug-in's command processing.

The only thing I can offer as an aside, is that it is possible to bring all HomeSeer processing to a dead halt. If am editing and deleting events the system can slow down. Especially deleting several events without waiting for HomeSeer to reload the Events page, can bring HS to a dead halt. Expanding an event group with a lot of individual events can really slow down HS processing. I have some groups that can take nearly a minute to expand and during that minute Z-Wave delays are ALWAYS high. While this expansion is happening, the server CPU usage spikes from about 20% to over 50%. Multiple deletions of events can cause it to go even higher. The server has a 4 core hyper threading 3.2ghz Xeon with 16GB of RAM. is running Windows 10 and only handles HomeSeer. My only point in bringing this up is that it is possible that delays could be introduced if the HS core becomes overtaxed doing something in the background.

My experiences exactly mirror your own. The randomness of the delays is extremely frustrating. It cuts across all four of my networks, but comes and goes. I have done everything I know how to do to chase this down - removing and re-adding nodes, moving nodes from one network to another, optimizing, rescanning, erasing and restoring controllers from backup files, deleting the zwave file and rebuilding. Nothing works.

Everything was working great until just a couple of weeks ago where I did two things - one was upgrading HS3 to 118, and the second was upgrading the Z-Wave PI to 116. The problems didn't happen immediately, but have gotten steadily worse. I have tried to set manual routes, played around with associations, poured over the tech manuals on the sensors for parameters I might have set wrong, etc. Nothing at all helps. I out of desperation reverted to 097 this morning but that didn't help either. I am almost to the point of starting from scratch, but the prospect with 170 devices and 900 events is too much to even think of.

As if that isn't bad enough, all these new Z-Wave Plus switches I bought from Enerwave (21 of them total, replacing in-wall Aeon micro controllers) have a problem that the physical switch stops responding after a few hours. Switches still work from the remote control, but you can't turn the switch on and off manually. Enerwave was able to replicate in their lab - but ONLY with a Homeseer controller. Now I am sitting on about a grand of switches that don't physically work (you can reset power to them, and they will function correctly for a few hours) and no solution. Nearly five years into this home control thing, and I still feel like an alpha tester.

Comment

At a total loss. Can you zip up your Z-Wave database file (z-wave2.db) and your HomeSeer .HSD file and email them to me? I can then load them and see what is going on.
                  Done!
                  Jon

Comment

Ok, you will have to wait until we add multiple Z-Net support. I thought it would work if you enabled just one, but its defaulting to the interface that is marked as "Main". I bet the other interfaces don't get marked if they are alone.
                    We need a fix for this one as soon as possible, please. This new software is about the last hope I have for tracking down these maddening delay issues, and now we find out that in fact multiple networks are not supported.

Comment

Or... maybe this is a good time to consider a 500 series controller? you can backup your existing network, restore it to a SmartStick+ or Z-NET or Nortek stick and then optimize your network to rebuild the routing table... without having to redo your system.
                      Mark,

I see the SmartStick+ is sold out and suggests the Nortek USB Z-Wave Plus Interface. Does the Nortek have the same specs as the Smartstick+? Any reason to wait for the Smartstick+?

Thanks

Comment

The Nortek is the exactly the same as the SmartStick+, no worries using it.

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                        Mark,

I see the SmartStick+ is sold out and suggests the Nortek USB Z-Wave Plus Interface. Does the Nortek have the same specs as the Smartstick+? Any reason to wait for the Smartstick+?

Thanks

Comment

Just got an e-mail that Z-Seer+ has been updated but when I checked the downloads it is still .26?

Comment

That was probably an email related to the old HS2 Z-Seer has been updated to Z-Seer+. We don't have an update to Z-Seer+ yet.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                            Just got an e-mail that Z-Seer+ has been updated but when I checked the downloads it is still .26?

Comment

I will wait with bated breath
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK, "Last working route" will only display if you have a 500 series controller. Do you have a SmartStick+, Z-NET or UZB controller?
                                No, I only have the old school Z-Troller which is working very well. If you want to send me one of the others I can send the Z-Troller back after testing to confirm that is the issue...
                                Karl S
                                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                                1070 Devices
                                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                                104 Events
                                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                                X