X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane Zwave

I think the 624 is WIFI.

Comment

no... 624 is z-wave but has the humidity child/display device and I think supports an external sensor. - it's been a while since I installed mine.
      Works great with HS3

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

ok, thanks for the info!

Comment

No battery backup in my 624 - Communicates well with all my zwave - BUT it is not a modulating thermostat.
          Does have accessory option for remote temperature or humidifier.

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
            BUT it is not a modulating thermostat.

I don't think that there is any Z-Wave thermostat that can work with inverters. I myself am stuck controlling my heat pumps manually. Fortunately I only use them for AC and I live in a heating dominated climate so it doesn't drive me up the wall not being able to automate them.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Modulating Thermostat is what you use for Heat Pumps? I presume.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                  Modulating Thermostat is what you use for Heat Pumps? I presume.
                  Or for an actual modulating furnace. But trane's modulating stat won't be a wave slave - it wants to be the controller

Comment

Comment

Dual stage is 2 stages - modulating constantly ramps as needed. DC motors appear to modulate as they do take time to come up to speed though....

Comment

Usually modulating blowers are DC as it's easier to control the speed of a DC motor. The furnace can fire at different levels as well. Many heat pumps these days use "inverter" compressors, which are basically just DC compressors where the speed can be easily controlled with high resolution. The next step down the rung in the efficiency ladder of HVAC gear is a multi stage system that can usually run at high or low depending on factors such as the delta between the called for and ambient temperatures, the outside temperature and so on. Where I am many people heat their houses with hot water. The temperature of the water can be controlled by a thermostat that's placed outside, in the shade on the north of the building. For hot water that's all you need and it can easily be retrofitted to older equipment. For a furnace, especially one where the air handler also provides AC, it's much more complicated as you have a blower speed to control. Here personally I heat with hot water, as it's the most cost effective and even heat, and cool with minisplit heat pumps that have inverter compressors. This is the solution I usually recommend in my climate for the average house. The houses that I build or retrofit need so little heating and cooling that I usually just install one or maybe two minisplits for everything as they are tight and insulated to the hilt.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I was getting an error in the HS Logs saying there was an image missing in the "HS3>HTML>0" So I stuck an image in that location to see what would happen, and apparently it's the Trane Tstat General Purpose Child Device Status Image. Can someone who has this stat look and see what's supposed to be there? It's the left icons in the device manager. I did a search to figure out what the General Purpose child device was for, but I never found anything, so if anybody knows, it'd be appreciated.

Comment

I don't have an image in mine. Just a "0"

Comment

I keep finding devices using the image I put in that location, so it isn't just the Trane.

Comment

Working...
                              X