X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running remotely

For running the plugin remotely:

UPDATE: This is the new process as of build 1.0.26 of the plug-in.

UPDATE: As of 1.0.27, if the plugin is running remotely, the INI will be saved in the same folder as the HSPI_BLLED.exe file on your remote machine. Otherwise it is stored in the normal config folder on the HS3 machine

You will create a folder on your remote machine (eg: C:\BLLED)

From your main HS3 machine, copy the following files to your new folder on your remote machine. I will use C:\BLLED as the example folder on your remote machine

1. Copy the following files (left side is main HS3 machine, right side is remote machine)

[hs root]\HSPI_BLLED.exe ---> C:\BLLED
    [hs root]\HomeSeerAPI.dll ---> C:\BLLED
    [hs root]\HSCF.dll ---> C:\BLLED
    [hs root]\Scheduler.dll ---> C:\BLLED
    [hs root]\BIN\BLLED\betabriteusb.dll ---> C:\BLLED

2. You will need to run the plugin as follows from the C:\BLLED folder on your remote machine

Code:
    HSPI_BLLED.exe server=[ip address of your main HS3 machine]
    To specify an instance

Code:
    HSPI_BLLED.exe server=[ip address of your main HS3 machine] instance=[instance name]
    Last edited by Blade; June 21, 2014, 09:21 AM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade, the remote instances are working great, I just have one little addition if you could is there a way that the instance name can be added to display in the HS event actions as I add more instances of the plugin I could see it getting really confusing as to what instance I am trying to send the commands to it simply repeats the conditions for each instance but if there was a tag to differentiate what instance the trigger is for it would really help

Screen Shot attached

Cheers Ken
    Attached Files
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Yea I can do that

The DOT maintenance page still has issues as well with multiple instances. Still working on that
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        Yea I can do that

The DOT maintenance page still has issues as well with multiple instances. Still working on that

Yeah I think the multiple instances has an issue. I connect remotely at times but other times I get just blank pages when I try to access them or other times there is no connection to HS and in the counsel on the remote machine it says waiting to be initialized
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Blade here is a screenshot

Cheers Ken
          Attached Files

Comment

As of build 1.0.26, I have changed the way the plugin will run remotely.
            See the first post for update

This will allow you not to have to create the HS3 structure on your remote machine and just have everything in one folder (eg: C:\BLLED)

I have not fully tested it so I will need someone who is running remote (wink wink kenrad ) to try this out

If there are issues we can work through them
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Blade still no go if the remote plugin is closed and you restart it you have to shut down and restart the main instance or you get

Jun-20 10:10:26 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page BLLEDSigns:garage:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and then when it is restarted the signs on the remote instance are gone

Cheers KEN

Comment

OK I am going to have a look
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

OK I have changed the INI processing in the plugin

If the plugin is running remotely then the INI file will be saved to the folder where the HSPI_BLLED.exe is running from on your remote machine

If the plugin is running on the HS3 machine then it is saved in the normal config folder

Ken,
                  Before running this build just move your ini for the remote plugin from the HS3 machine to where the EXE is on the remote machine and it should load it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Blade I am running the latest version of your the blled plugin and I am still getting issues connecting to the remote interface when I start the plugin now I can get the sign pages for the plugin

I get the following errors in the Hs Log

Jun-23 8:54:13 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page BLLEDSigns:garage:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

and when I run Sparkmans script to update that sign I get the following error all the local signs update correctly

6/23/2014 8:48:40 PM ~!~Error 1~!~Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\BetaBrite.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Object reference not set to an instance of an object

need a little help

Cheers Ken

Comment

Ken,
                      I just tried it remotely here and did not see those errors.
                      That looks like it is coming from HS

Can you turn on debug logging and capture when that happens and then let me know what u did to cause it.

Attach the debug log zipped or email it to me zipped
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Will the plugin run remotely on an xp machine

Comment

Give it a try. I do not have XP here anymore
                          You will need .Net 4 on XP
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I just recently bought HS4. I was looking through the plugins, and found this one which got me to dig out my old 4200C sign. I wrote a project in C# back in 2010 to program the sign, and it still works. I'm interested to see if the plugin will work with this sign, so the next step I wanted to try is running remote from my dev PC (where I have the C# project running).

I got the remote code installed and running, but I have a question. I presume that when I add the sign in HS, I specify an interface of Ethernet. Is that correct? If so, what port number do I specify? I looked in the help and the ini file and couldn't find any clues.

I also just realized that nowhere in the remote install do I tell it what COM port the sign is connected to on my remote PC. I must be missing / misunderstanding something.

Comment

Working...
                            X