Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be highly appreciated if the application could be handed over to someone with time to develope it. With the latest tvOS update it seems there is a problem to connect to the bridge.

Comment

HomeKit Bridge

I tested this last year, and would like to use it. Where can i download the plugin again. I have some files but not the installation files.

Comment

Originally posted by billbingaman View Post
        I tested this last year, and would like to use it. Where can i download the plugin again. I have some files but not the installation files.
        Not sure if you're read through the rest of this thread, but it's definitely not being published again. It's gone... (just like our money ).

Comment

Someone should just write another one for free or homeseer should integrate natively. Now that the spec has been updated all of the magricy is no longer required. It’s not a hack anymore just device mapping to api calls using the official software authorization. Metaphorically similar to the built in Alexa and google support.

Looking at free open sourced platforms like home assistant they are getting all the goodies...

Comment

HomeKit

Right now i am running homebridge, but it is clumsy with my ir controlled devices.

I hope someone does incorporate directly into homeseer. I do not have a programing back ground and i was able to make it kind of work.

i am sure some of you smart guys could integrate it much better.

Comment

For those interested, I've posted a new plugin for homebridge that allows control of HomeSeer devices and which provides instant status updates between HomeKit and HomeSeer. Its available as a npm package as

npm -g install homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018

More information can be found here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...er-plugin-2018

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

i tried it, just got a bunch of errors. I have homebridge running on my mac and homeseer running on win7 computer. Any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                    For those interested, I've posted a new plugin for homebridge that allows control of HomeSeer devices and which provides instant status updates between HomeKit and HomeSeer. Its available as a npm package as

More information can be found here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...er-plugin-2018
                    Is it possible to get a forum up here on the board for this plugin? Or at the very least a new thread off the main forum that we can follow, so that we don't hijack Fraggel's thread?

Comment

Hey James,

Do you have a dedicated thread for your Homebridge solution? I didn't want to hijack Fraggel's space with questions. Is this a better location to ask questions or get some help with your Homebridge plugin?

I did actually take a shot at using your "2018" version of the Homeseer Homebridge plugin, but 1) noticed that it did not support thermostats yet, 2) I actually got an error attempting to run the Homebridge app and ended up reverting to the jrhubott NPM V1.0.17 plugin which has worked well for me. I basically only use the Homebridge to supplement Fraggle's HS3 plugin and add HK support for thermostats and motion sensors.

Any plans to add thermostat support?

I actually provided a small update to jrhubott's NPM V1.0.17 plugin to fix an issue with his implementation of the thermostat devise and now this does everything I need it to, other than offer the "real-time" updates that your solutions provides. This would be great to have as his requires a set timed polling to get updates.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                        Is it possible to get a forum up here on the board for this plugin? Or at the very least a new thread off the main forum that we can follow, so that we don't hijack Fraggel's thread?
                        Moving this to a separate thread makes sense to me. Any suggestion where this thread should be posted since information on a homebridge plugin doesn't seem to have a clear 'place' in the forum structure?

In the meantime, if anybody else reads this and has an issue with homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018, please raise it in the Issues section at: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer to avoid taking over this thread.

Comment

Moving this to a separate thread makes sense to me. Any suggestion where this thread should be posted since information on a homebridge plugin doesn't seem to have a clear 'place' in the forum structure?

In the meantime, if anybody else reads this and has an issue with homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018, please raise it in the Issues section at: https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer to avoid taking over this thread.
                          What about starting a new thread in: HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts -> "JVM Homebridge Plugin" or something like that.

I don't have any issue going to your github page but I know if more HS users saw this on the forums here it might attract more interest and attention.

Comment

The ios11.3 update is out formalizing software based HomeKit authentication. Someone please pick this up and integrate.

Comment

Working...
                            X