Please Migrate to a modern forum platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curiousity question Mark.

What is most common OS that most users utilize here on the Homeseer forum and what hardware do most users utilize when accessing the forum?

Cantankerous here (age thing) I can still adapt to change.

You had me doing a freebee Penn and Teller security exam of the Homeseer forum.

IE: this is my nickname for penetration testing.

Whoa! Whatever is decided it will need to be up to date.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
      I've been a fan of whatever software community.sense.com and community.rachio.com use, but they are much smaller communities.
      Those are both Discourse forums.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        What is most common OS that most users utilize here on the Homeseer forum and what hardware do most users utilize when accessing the forum?
        OS: Windows - 49%, IOS - 21%, Android - 14%, Macintosh - 10%, Linux - 4%.

Comment

Mark which is most common hardware?

IE: PC, Tablet or telephone? or can you tell based on browser utilized?

Personal favorite here is the PC. Upgraded phone to larger size screen but it really doesn't make my browser experience any better.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Mark which is most common hardware?

IE: PC, Tablet or telephone? or can you tell based on browser utilized?

Personal favorite here is the PC. Upgraded phone to larger size screen but it really doesn't make my browser experience any better.
            Desktop - 64%, Phone - 28%, Tablet - 8%.

Comment

What are the forum demographics today? Gender and age?
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

What are the forum demographics today? Gender and age?
                BBS group
                iPhone group

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  OS: Windows - 49%, IOS - 21%, Android - 14%, Macintosh - 10%, Linux - 4%.
                  Linux - 4% Thats probably just me
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Giving people the incentive of being "liked" puts completely new motivations on posting, many times to the detriment of honest discourse. The other issue is relegating the past 18 years of discussion to a static archive. I think it would be very difficult to retain community continuity with a sharp transition to new software.
                    To add to this - because the learning curve of HS3 can be very steep to some, including me, the forum and its search capabilities via Google (not the forum search) is a very important component to HS3 sales, as in support from this extraordinary community.

I, too, am not a fan of likes and dislikes. I am a member of the Big Green Egg forum and these likes and dislikes can provoke some very intense and sometimes hostile interchange - not discourse.
                    Michael

Comment

What's missing from this message board other than the ability to search. It seems most tech savvy users know how to use Google to search the message board using search terms site:forums.homeseer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        What's missing from this message board other than the ability to search.
                        Nothing. It allows posting of words, images and links. It allows attachments. It provides for member controlled PM and email communication. It allows us to have a signature and avatar. It lets us know the most recent posts and shows the time and date of any post. It is clean and uncluttered.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          What's missing from this message board other than the ability to search.
                          Security?
                          Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          We've been getting warnings from Google about 3.x not being secure and they've been recommending the upgrade.
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Nothing. It allows posting of words, images and links. It allows attachments. It provides for member controlled PM and email communication. It allows us to have a signature and avatar. It lets us know the most recent posts and shows the time and date of any post. It is clean and uncluttered.
                            Agreed!

Comment

Attachments in PM's would be a nice addon

Comment

Thought of this one because of a scripting error help question.

Syntax Highlighting

When trying to read a script/code in a forum having proper formatting and syntax highlighting would make things A LOT EASIER.

Comment

Working...
                                X