www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Weather Plug-ins > Weather Discussion

Old May 7th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Seer Plus

Next High / Low or Low / High

Hi Chrisgo et all,

Curious if there is a preferred method for displaying the next logical High / Low temperature?

For example, in HStouch I want to display the Current temperature, and below, show the High and Low forecast.

What I realized was that depending on the time of day, would depend if the first forecast integer would be the High or Low from Forecast1, followed by either the Low or High from Forecast2.

I assume this change is decided at EC when the current conditions change from "today" to "tonight" - or perhaps some other logic.... and I see that the value that isn't active shows a "." (or integer 0).

What would be great is if there could be some more devices, called something like "Forecast1_temp" and "Forecast2_temp" (and I guess you could continue with all of them)... each would simply be the value of ForecastX_high or _low which ever isn't currently ".". I suppose there could be another set; ForecastX_hilo which would contain the string "high" or "low" relevant to if the related integer was taken from the "high" or "low" forecast.

I suspect I'll be writing a clunky script to make this possible - but thought I'd ask if others had thoughts on this!
Old May 16th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Seer Plus

FYI - I decided to use Easy Trigger instead of writing a script for now.

I created two new devices (Forecast1_temperature and Forecast2_temperature).

Then I have 4 events, 2 for each device. Essentially, if the string of ForecastX_Hi = ".", then make the value of ForecastX_temperature = ForecastX_Lo.... and the second event is the reverse.

Here's the example for #1:
Attached Images

Old May 17th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Seer Plus

Pretty straight forward way to handle it.
Thanks for sharing!

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 15 Hours 31 Minutes 5 Seconds
Number of Devices: 329
Number of Events: 180
Available Threads: 399
Enabled Plug-Ins
3.0.0.5: CM15A
3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
3.0.0.17: EnvCan
3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Seer Plus

Does anyone know why the Environment Canada feed/plugin would sometimes replace an existing device/element with a new one?

Sometimes my Ref IDs no long reference a valid device and when I check the device list in Device Management, I find that that previous Device/Ref ID combination has been replaced with a new Device/Ref ID for that same element.

I.e.
I use "pck" as my device prefix.
So yesterday, pck-Current_Title was associated with Ref ID of 474
Today, pck-Current_Title has a Ref ID of 708.

So any of my events that refer to a Ref ID of 474 are no longer valid and any events that referred to pck-Current-Title are changed to "device unknown".
And I have to update my events with the new mapping.

Seems to occur intermittently.
Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited by Otto-mation; May 17th, 2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: clarity
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:04 PM
Seer Plus

Hi Otto-mation, I have not run into this, but I also only have one city I'm parsing. I'm wondering if you might have a duplicate in your device database, which may be invisible... maybe in HS Setup/Custom, check on "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)"... then display every single device to see where those two reference ID's appear.

Just a thought, but perhaps you've already gone there.

Now I have a new question...

Has anyone noticed that the "feels like" temperature doesn't work now? I think it's because for the summer Environment Canada calls that field "humidex". Is there a method to correct this? For example right now in YOW, it says "26.7 feels like 26.7" - but when I look at the XML, I see there's a field called Humidex which has a value of 35 - and that would be the case tonight!

thanks,
Dave
Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:21 AM
Seer Plus

HI Dave, thanks for the suggestion and tip. I've always had the reference ID displaying so I know it's not a duplicate issue. It's all working fine other than that occasionally, one EnvCan (and only EnvCan) device gets re-inserted but with a new device ID. So then I have to go into my events and modify any event that contains the now-obsolete device.

They're easy to spot in the Device List screen because it's the only one whose timestamp hasn't been updated along with the others in that city.

As for the humidex / feels-like thing - that's never been working for me.
The device xxx_Current_summary_feelslike always contains two values that are the same - i.e here's my current one - "27.6°C (feels like 27.6°C)"

And the current humidex is actually

Sunny early this morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this morning. High 32 except 28 near Lake Ontario. Humidex 41. UV index 9 or very high. Forecast issued 05:00 AM EDT Monday 02 July 2018

-steve