This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donations

UltraJones has been kind enough to place the Ultra suite of programs out there in a donations-only fashion.

For those of you who run the Ultra suite of programs, you know that it blows the clunky on/off web pages of HomeSeer away. Even non-techies that see it go ooh and ahh. It takes HomeSeers old-fashion web interface and makes it state-of-the-art. And, not only is it cool to look at, it is actually much more usable than the HomeSeer interface. With one glance, you can see the status of your entire house (or at least one floor of it).

This does not come easy. Anyone who has worked with the code knows that there has been a great deal of time and effort put into this project by UltraJones. And it just gets better every day.

I do not know UltraJones personally and have only shared a couple of emails and a few board messages with him. In no way do I benefit from this message nor does UltraJones even know that I am writing it.

So here it is.. If you use the Ultra suite regularly, please donate to UltraJones. We want to see the Ultra suite continue so it is only fair that we make it worth UltraJones' time and effort. After all, this is not his day job. Plus, there are MANY other plug-ins that are not nearly as worthy that force you to pay.

I know that if I was the developer of a project this size and was generous enough to not force a $40 price tag down everybody's throat and people didn't pay, I would probably get discouraged enough to give up. I'm not saying that's what UltraJones will do.. I am in no way authorized to speak for him. I'm just saying how I would feel.

BE FAIR.. DONATE!!

Does anyone know how many people actually use the Ultra suite?

Thanks,
    Rog

Where can I make a donation?

Ultra
    I have been following the activies in the threads for your plugin developments for some time. I am impressed with your work and support. I currently don't use any of your plugins but I would like to donate to keep the activity going. I may want to use a few of your plugind in the near future.

Where can I make a donation? Thanks, Frank

Comment

Well said. I second the motion, although I don't currently use UJ's stuff I expect to in the future and if I like it you can count on me to donate. As an old ex programmer, I know the effort it takes to get clean code out. I hope UJ has Paypal (and a prominent link somewhere), because that is by far the easiest way for me to donate.

Comment

I agree and hope that he comes up with a means OTHER than Paypal to donate.

Comment

PayPal accepts all the big credit cards and the PayPal account holder then pays a very reasonable service fee. You do not need a PayPal account to pay someone. However, if you do not wish to enter your card information at paypal.com, then that is another issue.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

My Paypal experiences have been so bad that I will never have anything to do with them ever again. It will be unfortunate if that is the only medium available.

Comment

I'll Donate Too!

I have been following these 1-wire threads for a few weks and decided to order the HA7E interface and some DS18S20's last week from Embedded Data -they'll be delivered tomorrow. PayPal is the easiest way for me to donate as well so... IS there a link to donate somewhere? If the Ultra Suite does what everyone says, then it's easily worth $40. Perhaps more.

Comment

I have had no bad experiences with PayPal over years and I have had hundreds of transactions (send and receive). I am currently receiving around 5% annual interest payable monthly and have a PayPal credit (debit) card that earns an immediate 1% cash back on purchases.

I understand that some may have bad experiences and refuse to do business with a given company. I will never, ever but a Ford...but that is another story .

I have had people ask to pay me by check via snail mail. Not a problem. Email Ultra and ask for an address to send a personal check. If he does not want to divulge his address, you can send it to me and I will cash and PayPal him .
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Originally posted by crypto1701 View Post
                  If you use the Ultra suite regularly, please donate to UltraJones.
                  UltraJones:
                  Nice to see you have your new user name running on the board, where did you come up with crypto1701 anyway?

Seriously - I support donation-ware and I fully appreciate it.
                  I donated to DooLittle for his CPU monitor plugin, I have donated to TheMax74 for his safe restart. I have donated to other thirdparty vendors and I honestly wish more plugin writers who are currently free would set something up like this. Sparkman's "Is Holiday" setup is genius and I know a ton of people are using it, I'd donate there in a heartbeat.

My 2 cents - I haven't donated those yet.

Bill

~Bill

Comment

WELL... Pay Pal is fine but...Where do we donate?

Comment

Found the link to donate.

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~ultrajones/donate.html

Comment

My only issue with the plugin, was that I couldn't figure out how to get the UltraStatus pages to display a certain floor when asked.

My Audreys can not read CSS, so I was going to have the webpage stripped down (as I usually do), then send that to the Audrey. However, I would have needed to have it immediately go to a certain floor, instead of going to floor 1, then pulldown to change floor.

I asked on the forum, but didn't really get anywhere. I'd be willing to revisit this...as it is REALLY convienient to "see" the status of everything on the floor at the same time in that view.

--Dan
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thank you to everyone that sent in a donation over the years. As promised, I'll be sending you a license and registration code for all 5 plug-ins sometime next week. If you have donated in the past and didn't receive an email from me, then please send me a private message via the message board so I can get your updated email address.

I am closing this thread because I can no longer accept donations.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                          X