This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolving problems w/ app not remembering user

I just went through an interesting time with Bob trying to fix a problem where the application couldn't remember the user of the calendar, even though it was in the ini file.

What I (with Bob's supervision) did to resolve this was...

1. Make sure NET was up to date and is installed as 'full profile'

I had the client version. Have no idea why.

2. In my case reinstalling part of the NET stuff, found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556
    brought everything back to working.

Ironically, this problem persisted over three XP machines, but was not present w/ my Win7 box....

Hopes this helps someone in similar circumstances.
    Don

I have a similar issue since the updgrade to HS3 beta .81.
    Difference is for me that I am running a Win7 system (64bit) and have all Windows updates current as well as the full .NET 4 available on the system.
    If I add the user profile through configuration pages the user's calendar can be read. IfI restart Hs3, the profile page is empty, though the user is still in the INI file. Re-adding the profile results in the same profile added in the INI file. I there for think the INI file is not read correctly anymore when starting the plugin?

I have no clue what to do next here?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Didn't want to hear that. As per first post in this thread I went thru no end of frustration to fix this. I am wondering if this is an issue with latest beta as the same thing is happening to me.

Have you mentioned this to Bob via his help desk, or Rich on the HomeSeer Bugzilla?

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/helpdesk/Login.asp

http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla
      Don

Comment

I am still using the last release of HS3 and it is working fine.
        I do not update to betas anymore because I use HS3 on my production machine now
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sage advice.....

Haven't found HS3 ready for me yet. Production is still HS2.

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I am still using the last release of HS3 and it is working fine.
          I do not update to betas anymore because I use HS3 on my production machine now
          Don

Comment

I am still using HS 3.0.0.68. No issue here with that version
            I do not do betas anymore. Causes me too much grief
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I am still using HS 3.0.0.68. No issue here with that version
              I do not do betas anymore. Causes me too much grief
              This is so far the only grief I found, the beta is solving a lot of issues with me, most especially the date format (europa here). That is also why I stepped in the beta in the first place.

But then I will wait till the beta becomes a release to get this solved?

Regards,

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I can replicate the same problem, across a number of different plugins where the issue occurs.

I have mentioned it in the .81 thread, I may be the odd one out but other than this and an event / script triggering issue my system has been relatively good. A few gremlins here and there but largely not to bad.
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

IF you haven't already done this could you guys do a bugzilla?
                  Don

Comment

I have created a bug, if others can add their information in the comments it would be appreciated:

http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1779
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Not sure how it is going for you guys, but in the latest build of HS3 beta I am still experiencing the same issue whereby the user just dissapears from the system and I have to reenter this.

Is there a fix that anyone is aware of, as I am already up to date with .net and everything else as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X