No announcement yet.

Dashbox Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next version of UltraECM3 HSPI has just been posted. It's working great with my Brultech DashBox.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is a firmware update required for the dashbox?

Comment

Yes, Brultech added a new feature allowing packet forwarding using persistent TCP connections. You'll need firmware version 4.2.3c6a or higher.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

ok. I had emailed Ben yesterday about getting the latest firmware but have not heard back. That version you referenced is not on their download page. If you have the .img file and can make it available somewhere, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            The next version of UltraECM3 HSPI has just been posted. It's working great with my Brultech DashBox.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

I've installed the plugin, but it is not appearing on my dropdown where other plugins appear.

I've attached the log entries from the install as well as some screenshots of the plugin page and the homeseer directory

Is it possible that something in the updated plugin is preventing it from being installed?
            Attached Files

Comment

OK. So I now have the plugin functioning however it doesn't seem to connect properly with my dashbox or at least stay connected. I am attaching my log from right after I have enabled the plugin. It looks like it has connected but then a few minutes later it does not appear to be connected and then it connects again. I have the plugin pointed at the ip address of the dashbox (the ip I used to access the dashbox webpage). Because it does connect I am thinking that I have this step done right.

I have enabled a couple of channels ; I have adjusted the packet format in the green eye monitor / setup mode / packet send / packet setup to 4 from 5 ;

there is nothing in the 'in queue' section of the status page.

Any ideas on what else needs to be set up?
              Attached Files

Comment

Please shutdown the plug-in, then find and delete C:\HomeSeerHS3\hspi_ultraecm3.exe.config, then reinstall the plug-in.

I attached the file too in case it's still not working. If you use the attachment, you'll need to rename it from HSPI_ULTRAECM3.exe.config.txt to HSPI_ULTRAECM3.exe.config

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Attached Files

Comment

Please shutdown the plug-in, then find and delete C:\HomeSeerHS3\hspi_ultraecm3.exe.config, then reinstall the plug-in.

I attached the file too in case it's still not working. If you use the attachment, you'll need to rename it from HSPI_ULTRAECM3.exe.config.txt to HSPI_ULTRAECM3.exe.config

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  I tried both methods described above and there is no change in how the plugin is working. Was there something that you changed in the config file?

Based on my description in how I set up the plugin, is there anything in there that I might have done incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
                    OK. So I now have the plugin functioning however it doesn't seem to connect properly with my dashbox or at least stay connected. I am attaching my log from right after I have enabled the plugin. It looks like it has connected but then a few minutes later it does not appear to be connected and then it connects again. I have the plugin pointed at the ip address of the dashbox (the ip I used to access the dashbox webpage). Because it does connect I am thinking that I have this step done right.

I have enabled a couple of channels ; I have adjusted the packet format in the green eye monitor / setup mode / packet send / packet setup to 4 from 5 ;

there is nothing in the 'in queue' section of the status page.

Any ideas on what else needs to be set up?
                    Hello Adam,

Are you trying to setup my plug-in using the DashBox as a pass-through?

Comment

Yes. Trying to connect your plugin to my dashbox.

Comment

Okay, then please confirm you have your GEM and DashBox working correct. In the mean-time, I'll work on posting step-by-step instructions to get the DashBox connected to my plug-in.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Okay, then please confirm you have your GEM and DashBox working correct. In the mean-time, I'll work on posting step-by-step instructions to get the DashBox connected to my plug-in.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          I just remember that you cannot connect your GEM to the DashBox using a network connection. You'll need to use the cable provided in the DashBox to make an initial connection from the GEM to the DashBox. I'll work on providing that in the step-by-step instructions as well.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

My gem and dashbox is working fine. I believe they are connected with an rs232 cable. There is no network module on my gem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

You must connect your GEM to your DashBox via RS232. See screenshots of how I have mine connected. Once you have it connected like that, then the instructions I provide in a few minutes will allow the DashBox to send packets to my plug-in.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Attached Files

Comment

1. Log into your Brultech DashBox, then confirm firmware is at least version 4.2.3c6a
                                2. From Settings > Add-ons > Packet Forwarding, enter the IP address of your HomeSeer system, then enter port 8080, then make sure you select "Persistent", then click the "Save Information" button.
                                3. Log into your HomeSeer System, then select PLUG-INS > UltraECM3 > UltraECM3
                                4. Select the Devices Tab
                                5. Click the New Button
                                6. Enter the Brultech Serial Number, Device Name, Select GreenEye, Ethernet, then enter 0.0.0.0:8080 for the connection address, then click "Create"

The UltraECM3 HSPI will be listening for incoming connections on port 8080 which may require you to acknowledge firewall prompts. From your HomeSeer system, restart HomeSeer and acknowledge any firewall prompts that may appear when HomeSeer restarts.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X