This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naellis View Post
    I've just loaded v2835 and my tab with <staticimage> tiles now show as single tiles instead of three wide - do these have to be redefined in the html under this version ?
    Yes. I did not make that a global change. I will increase the tile size for the next build.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks.

Your new file only had an updated tile-area padding value which made a slight improvement.

Once I decreased the padding-top value for the body tag, I was able to push the tiles right up to where I want them. After trying a few values, I settled on 30px (down from 70px).

Many thanks. I'm sure this value won't suit those with two rows of room on the nav-bar but at least I can tweak it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
        Brilliant, thanks.

Your new file only had an updated tile-area padding value which made a slight improvement.

Once I decreased the padding-top value for the body tag, I was able to push the tiles right up to where I want them. After trying a few values, I settled on 30px (down from 70px).

Many thanks. I'm sure this value won't suit those with two rows of room on the nav-bar but at least I can tweak it myself.
        Correct. For anyone with two rows of tabs, a padding value of 30 would have the group titles hugging the nav bar. Glad you found a value that works for you!

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
          Correct. For anyone with two rows of tabs, a padding value of 30 would have the group titles hugging the nav bar. Glad you found a value that works for you!
          Yep, mine are hugging, but I like them to be friendly!

As long as they don't overlap, I'm happy.

Comment

wposner,

First, let me say I'm loving HSMetro, it looks and works great! Right now I'm running it on my Mac, an iPad, an iPhone, and a Galaxy Tab 4. I have a couple requests as you work on future versions: 1) I've noticed that when I select a tab from the menu on my iPhone, the menu stays out and does not collapse back down. Is this just me? B) I'm using tile areas that are five tiles wide because they look better on the Galaxy, but on the iPhone I only see the first two tiles in that area and the additional tiles don't get "line wrapped". Is this fixable?

Thanks!

Ian

Comment

No need to run npm install. I need to remove that from the install docs. I've started including all the required libraries in the libs folder and require.config.js points to all the correct versions. Can you use the libs folder included in the build and the new require.config.js?
              I'm a bit confused now. My HSProxyService will not startup unless the node_modules directory is present?

Comment

I'm a bit confused now. My HSProxyService will not startup unless the node_modules directory is present?
                I've noticed that as well. I figured it was just a Linux thing...

Comment

Originally posted by ian351c View Post
                  I've noticed that as well. I figured it was just a Linux thing...
                  Same with me (windows) - I had to run the npm install and reinstall the proxy service.

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                    Same with me (windows) - I had to run the npm install and reinstall the proxy service.
                    Yeah...I was just playing around with it. Since it's a Node based proxy it loads libraries based on Node folder structure. Looks like by installing it via node package manager it writes the library paths in to system environment variables which is the reason why the proxy won't run without those folders being in place.

Comment

If I keep the syntax the same, can I rearrange the rooms listed in the require.config.js file to list rooms differently? Like if I want Entry to be the first room instead of Master Bedroom....

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                        If I keep the syntax the same, can I rearrange the rooms listed in the require.config.js file to list rooms differently? Like if I want Entry to be the first room instead of Master Bedroom....
                        You'd actually be better off modifying nab-bar.html and moving the tabs around. If you do it in the config file you're actually remapping rooms so it could get pretty confusing if you want Entry to be first you would need to put your entry devices in the master br HTML file and the relabel master br to entry. That would be a huge headache. Just reorder the tabs in the Nav HTML and you're set.

Comment

The proxy doesn't need to be accessible remotely, but it sounds like I will need to add internal routing if an external IP address is provided. For now, if you must have external access, use VPN as it works perfectly. This feature will be added in a future build after I finish all the UI updates.
                          Hello,

Is this likely to be in the near future? I tried putting in my external url and ip address in require.config (and opened up the proxy port) but I don't get updates to the screen.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Is this likely to be in the near future? I tried putting in my external url and ip address in require.config (and opened up the proxy port) but I don't get updates to the screen.

Thanks.
                            Yep. It'll be in the next build. I just had to figure out how to handle multiple IP addresses--especially since everything is happening on the client side.

Comment

Superb, thanks.

Comment

Actually, this unfortunately does not look doable in code due to limitations of JS. I was trying to code this this evening, but just can't get the LAN IP address.

What you might try doing, however, is creating a second proxy that using your external IP address and a separate broadcast port. Then you'd also have to create a separate instance of HSMetro that is configured to use your external IP and the new port.

As you can see, the issue isn't so much connecting in via an external IP address, but the proxy routing the broadcasts over the correct connection. Perhaps the above will work for you.

Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions from any other developers who might know a way to programmatically implement this.

Comment

Working...
                                X