This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    what about the trigger called "This device had its value set and is greater than" ?
    Doesn't work in this situation, the value wasn't just set, nor do I want to trigger on value change. This is a manually triggered event I only want to execute if the value is greater than XX.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
      Doesn't work in this situation, the value wasn't just set, nor do I want to trigger on value change. This is a manually triggered event I only want to execute if the value is greater than XX.
      The condition "This Device had its value set and is greater than..." will work. Despite the clumsy wording, a condition never looks for a value to have changed or to be set, the more correct wording for the condition would be "If xx has a value that is greater than yy" which is how it reads when you set up the condition.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The condition "This Device had its value set and is greater than..." will work. Despite the clumsy wording, a condition never looks for a value to have changed or to be set, the more correct wording for the condition would be "If xx has a value that is greater than yy" which is how it reads when you set up the condition.
        Maybe I have something setup wrong but this doesn't work for me. No matter what the value is the IR get's sent.

The first pic below is my event, i use a button in HSTouch to activate it.

The second pic is the Heater in the off state. Disregard the On light bulb, that's for the Aeotec switch not the actual infrared heater.

The Third pic is the heater in the off state but with the fan still running.

Finally the fourth pic in the heater on.
        Attached Files
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
          Maybe I have something setup wrong but this doesn't work for me. No matter what the value is the IR get's sent.

The first pic below is my event, i use a button in HSTouch to activate it.

The second pic is the Heater in the off state. Disregard the On light bulb, that's for the Aeotec switch not the actual infrared heater.

The Third pic is the heater in the off state but with the fan still running.

Finally the fourth pic in the heater on.
          I don't know how it works from HSTouch, but when you try run an event from another event, the conditions are not honored unless you tick the "Run only if other conditions are true", so it is likely to behave the same from HSTouch.

Comment

I don't know how it works from HSTouch, but when you try run an event from another event, the conditions are not honored unless you tick the "Run only if other conditions are true", so it is likely to behave the same from HSTouch.
            That is correct in HSTouch as well. There is an easy workaround. Run a manually triggered event from HSTouch. The manually triggered event calls the event you showed above and the advanced option "Run only if other event options are true" is selected. if I run "test" from HSTouch, the light will only come on at night. If I run "test1" it will come on regardless of the time.
            Attached Files

Comment

This goes back to my obsession that HomeSeer should observe conditions in a manually triggered event by default, whether called from another event or run from HSTouch. It would eliminate a ton of confusion. You should have the option to "Ignore conditions in other event", but the default behavior should treat a manual trigger the same as any other trigger. Taken one step further, I would ignore the trigger but observe the conditions in any event that is called from another event, because observing the trigger would prevent the event from running in 99%+ of the cases. If I had an event that triggers at 8:00 PM and checks that the all of my outside doors are closed and speaks a warning if any are not, it would be nice to be able to call that event from another event , ignoring the trigger but observing the conditions.

I fully understand the logic that triggers and conditions are ignored when an event is manually run from the Event Management page.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                That is correct in HSTouch as well. There is an easy workaround. Run a manually triggered event from HSTouch. The manually triggered event calls the event you showed above and the advanced option "Run only if other event options are true" is selected. if I run "test" from HSTouch, the light will only come on at night. If I run "test1" it will come on regardless of the time.
                That worked! You guys are awesome, I would have NEVER of figured that one out! Thank you very much!
                Bryan

Comment

@ Spud,

Could you add a condition for a plugin being active or not? I ask because I have some events which fire up a remote Kinect instance and I don't want them to run if the remote instance is already connected.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    @ Spud,

Could you add a condition for a plugin being active or not? I ask because I have some events which fire up a remote Kinect instance and I don't want them to run if the remote instance is already connected.
                    yes I can, it will be in the next version

Comment

one thing I could add is to to let you enter global variables value for each time range, for example you would set intensity=X with different values for each time range. Then in the event you would use the trigger "The time enters this schedule time range" and in the action you would set your light or thermostat device to the value set in the intensity global variable.

How does it sound? is it something you would use?

Note that you would still need a small script for the event action to set the device value, because I don't think there is any HS action capable of setting a device value using a global variable.
                      I might have to play with that a bit.... but I think I could get it to work....
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        @ Spud,

done in version 3.0.0.3 attached to first post of this thread.

the new conditions are:

"This plugin IS running"
                        "This plugin IS NOT running"

then you provide the name and instance of the plugin you want to check

Comment

Please add actions to set a devices value to the value of either a replacement variable, global variable, or other device's value, as it doesn't seem like Rich will add that in the built in actions.

Hurry up, so we can throw our money at it.

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.3 attached to first post of this thread.

the new conditions are:

"This plugin IS running"
                            "This plugin IS NOT running"

then you provide the name and instance of the plugin you want to check

Thank You!

EDIT:

Works like a dream!
                            Last edited by S-F; April 7, 2015, 11:03 AM.
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                              Please add actions to set a devices value to the value of either a replacement variable, global variable, or other device's value, as it doesn't seem like Rich will add that in the built in actions.

Hurry up, so we can throw our money at it.
                              in version 3.0.0.4 (attached to first post of this thread) I have added an action to set a device value to any replacement variable: this can be a global variable, another device value, a counter, basically anything that is in this list and has a numerical value

set device value to a global variable:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	setdevicevaluetoglobalvariable.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1178130

set device value to another device value:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	setdevicevaluetoanotherdevice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1178131

Comment

How about a trigger for if a device has changed in a specified amount of time, if it was one value and became another value and if it has been a value in a certain amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X