X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features and Questions

Hi guys,

I have a few questions about the Concord 4 interface:
    • It seems like the current state of Arm Stay and Arm Away is backwards. If I do an Arm Stay, the panel arms in Stay mode, but the status says Arm Away, and the Arm Away event fires. Same with Arm Away, status seems backwards.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi again guys,

I've been doing a lot of testing and everything look great.

The only problem I'm having now is the rearm after a bypass. The sequence I use for bypass is:
    1. On protest, issue the Bypassall command ("#")
      • Panel bypasses all faulted zones in the partition
      • Set a flag that the panel is in bypass

2. Whenever a door closes and the flag for panel in bypass is on
      • Clear the flag that the panel is in bypass
      • Issue Arm Stay

3. The arm stay will rearm any bypassed zones that are now normal
      • If any other doors are open, the protest will happen again and it starts over from #1. Multiple zones can be faulted and then rearmed as they go normal.

The problem I'm having is that the Arm command doesn't use the access code. This is correct for initial arming when the Quick Arm feature is enabled in the panel. But to do an arm stay when already in arm stay, the access code is required. So when I do the "Issue Arm Stay" above, it's sending the silent arm stay command ("52"), but without the access code at the end. The result is that the panel ignores it and the normal zone stays bypassed.

I noticed that going from Arm Stay to Arm Away works, so the code must check to see if the panel arm level is increasing from 2 to 3. Could that check be changed so arming to the same level or above (2 to 2 or 2 to 3) causes the access code to be added to the end?

Thanks for a great add-on. My previous solution was a bit patchy and sporadic, this add-on has been rock solid.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JPStokesSr View Post
      Hi again guys,

I've been doing a lot of testing and everything look great.

The only problem I'm having now is the rearm after a bypass. The sequence I use for bypass is:
      1. On protest, issue the Bypassall command ("#")
        • Panel bypasses all faulted zones in the partition
        • Set a flag that the panel is in bypass

2. Whenever a door closes and the flag for panel in bypass is on
        • Clear the flag that the panel is in bypass
        • Issue Arm Stay

3. The arm stay will rearm any bypassed zones that are now normal
        • If any other doors are open, the protest will happen again and it starts over from #1. Multiple zones can be faulted and then rearmed as they go normal.

The problem I'm having is that the Arm command doesn't use the access code. This is correct for initial arming when the Quick Arm feature is enabled in the panel. But to do an arm stay when already in arm stay, the access code is required. So when I do the "Issue Arm Stay" above, it's sending the silent arm stay command ("52"), but without the access code at the end. The result is that the panel ignores it and the normal zone stays bypassed.

I noticed that going from Arm Stay to Arm Away works, so the code must check to see if the panel arm level is increasing from 2 to 3. Could that check be changed so arming to the same level or above (2 to 2 or 2 to 3) causes the access code to be added to the end?

Thanks for a great add-on. My previous solution was a bit patchy and sporadic, this add-on has been rock solid.

Joe
      Whew... I have a test EXE that should remedy the problem. You need two Events:

1 - Look for the Protest trigger and then activate the Confirm Bypass action.
      2 - Trigger on any of the Zones (ORIF) going to bypass AND the Panel in Arm Stay, and then activate the Stay Away action.

I also think there a couple more changes needed:
      1 - Add a Bypass button on the those zones that can be bypassed.
      2 - Add way to programatically bypass a zone from HS3.

Thanks,
      Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Whew... I have a test EXE that should remedy the problem. You need two Events:

1 - Look for the Protest trigger and then activate the Confirm Bypass action.
        2 - Trigger on any of the Zones (ORIF) going to bypass AND the Panel in Arm Stay, and then activate the Stay Away action.

I also think there a couple more changes needed:
        1 - Add a Bypass button on the those zones that can be bypassed.
        2 - Add way to programatically bypass a zone from HS3.

Thanks,
        Z
        I've added a new action which will bypass all of the bypassable zones that are currently faulted if the panel is in Arm Stay mode. Not as granular as individual Bypass Zone buttons, but much faster

Only available in the Beta Vers 6 Dropbox EXE.

Z

Comment

Since this had "features" in the title, I figured I would request one here. Would it be possible to add functions to Silent Arm? When we use the alarm.com app, we always use the silent function to avoid the the countdown chirps...

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
            Since this had "features" in the title, I figured I would request one here. Would it be possible to add functions to Silent Arm? When we use the alarm.com app, we always use the silent function to avoid the the countdown chirps...
            Not quite sure what you're asking for? There is a checkbox to select Silent Arm on the Control page (Plug-Ins->Concord->Control->Settings)

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
              Not quite sure what you're asking for? There is a checkbox to select Silent Arm on the Control page (Plug-Ins->Concord->Control->Settings)

Z
              Thanks, I didn't see the the Silent or No Delay check boxes. That is what I was looking for. I thought the only way to do the silent arm was using the virtual keypad and I was trying to mimic that function in HSTouch.

Comment

Working...
              X