Spotify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify?

Is there a plugin that will allow me to control Spotify from HS3? Would like to couple this with the Sonos plugin to control my music. As always, thanks for the help.

Dave

I don't think there is one (at least right now).

What are you trying to achieve with a spotify plugin for HS?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Similar to what I do from within the Spotify app, I simply want to be able to select Spotify as my music source as search music, play playlists, etc.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think HSTouch is the best for this. If you really wanted to do this with HSTouch, it would probably be semi-possible, but very tedious to implement. I do believe that Dirk's Sonos plugin allows you to select spotify stations/tracks to play, but I think it's only tracks that are in a current queue or a saved queue.

The best way would be to have an HSTouch page with a button that invokes the Sonos app. I do this with my HSTouch screens and several native apps. For instance, when you select the thermostats page on HSTouch, I have it display all three ecobee thermostats in a list that can be individually selected and controlled. On the bottom of the page is a link to open the ecobee app.

This is done by calling the app's URL scheme, which (if I remember correctly) is just "ecobee://".

The same can be done for the Sonos app by calling "sonos://".

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          Unfortunately, I don't think HSTouch is the best for this. If you really wanted to do this with HSTouch, it would probably be semi-possible, but very tedious to implement. I do believe that Dirk's Sonos plugin allows you to select spotify stations/tracks to play, but I think it's only tracks that are in a current queue or a saved queue.

The best way would be to have an HSTouch page with a button that invokes the Sonos app. I do this with my HSTouch screens and several native apps. For instance, when you select the thermostats page on HSTouch, I have it display all three ecobee thermostats in a list that can be individually selected and controlled. On the bottom of the page is a link to open the ecobee app.

This is done by calling the app's URL scheme, which (if I remember correctly) is just "ecobee://".

The same can be done for the Sonos app by calling "sonos://".
          @bphillips - Thanks. I am currently doing what you suggest - calling the native Sonos app. Not really an issue. I was just curious if there was a good integration/plugin. Thank you!

Comment

Rich said "The market is moving away from personal music libraries so we do not see a big demand for Media Player for iTunes support. We are going to focus cloud based systems like Spotify and Pandora." in february 2015. So any year now
            Also mentioned Zigbee in the same thread and thats in beta now!

"I understand your frustration, but it came down to this: Put my resources into these 2 plugins for the next few months to finish, or put them on Spotify and Zigbee."

This was in a thread about the Media Player plugin.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...hlight=spotify

Comment

I don't put any of my media in the cloud...that's too bad that Homeseer has that attitude.

Comment

A year ago I was interested in a Spotify plugin. But now I have the Amazon echo. IMHO Alexa, is a much better way to control cloud based music. I love it.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Some other thoughts in another topic: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179326

Comment

Thanks gang! Good suggestions. Does Alexa support Sonos? I have Google Home and it does not. :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X