Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this is a forum issue or if maybe Tapatalk is the problem or something.

I can hit "New Posts" and I get a page full.... I go and read a couple, respond then a few minutes later I hit "New Posts" and I get only 3 or 4 listed... what happened to the rest of the whole page that I was looking at 5 minutes ago???

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    Not sure if this is a forum issue or if maybe Tapatalk is the problem or something.

I can hit "New Posts" and I get a page full.... I go and read a couple, respond then a few minutes later I hit "New Posts" and I get only 3 or 4 listed... what happened to the rest of the whole page that I was looking at 5 minutes ago???
    I suspect you don't see them because they aren't new since your last visit i.e. the last time you hit new posts a few minutes earlier.
    What I do is leave the list of new posts in its own browser tab and open any interesting posts in a new tab, so the original list of new posts remains unaltered in the original tab

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
      I suspect you don't see them because they aren't new since your last visit i.e. the last time you hit new posts a few minutes earlier.
      What I do is leave the list of new posts in its own browser tab and open any interesting posts in a new tab, so the original list of new posts remains unaltered in the original tab
      True, but typical forum functionality is they are "new" until marked as read. This doesn't happen all of the time but often enough to be annoying.

Comment

True, but typical forum functionality is they are "new" until marked as read. This doesn't happen all of the time but often enough to be annoying.
        They are only new until they are read during this "session". If you leave long enough, those will all be marked as read as far as the forums are concerned. It took a long time for me to get used to that because I prefer to know what threads I have read going back to the "beginning of time". My guess is this forum software does it to save on DB space so they don't have to store a last read date for every user for every thread (space is cheap, so this isn't necessary IMHO).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          They are only new until they are read during this "session". If you leave long enough, those will all be marked as read as far as the forums are concerned. It took a long time for me to get used to that because I prefer to know what threads I have read going back to the "beginning of time". My guess is this forum software does it to save on DB space so they don't have to store a last read date for every user for every thread (space is cheap, so this isn't necessary IMHO).
          Ahh... well it's annoying

Kinda defeats the point of why there's a "Mark Forums Read" button if it's not needed.

Comment

Ahh... well it's annoying

Kinda defeats the point of why there's a "Mark Forums Read" button if it's not needed.

Indeed; it is very annoying
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
            X