Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
    I have the same issue with duplicate speaking with the XBMC plugin with the

I get two announcements. One with the special processing tags spoken, and one without (ie. "{sound=chime} This is a test".

If I turn off BLSpeech, I only get one announcement...but can't seem to use speech tags (which is why I bought BLSpeech) as expected.

I do have the setting in XBMC to "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" set to no, which based on reading the thread had assumed that would fix it. I also have the XBMC settings for "Send Speak Action in XBMC GUI notifications" set to yes, which is needed for me to view them on the TV. Disabling this fixes the issue.

Any ideas on how to have these two plugins play nice together?
    "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" set to No is supposed to fix this problem.
    Can you check in XBMC.ini that you have the following line in the SPEAK_PROXY section
    Code:
    forward_to_hs=False
    what version of the XBMC plugin are you running?

apart from BLSpeech, are you running any other plugin that can act as a speak proxy?

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.

My XBMC.INI is:
      [PLAYERS]
      1###name=Media Center
      1###ipaddress=192.168.0.100
      2###name=Kodi (HomePC)
      2###ipaddress=192.168.0.100
      [SPEAK_PROXY]
      enable=True
      forward_to_hs=False

No other speech proxies in place (that I'm aware). Disable/Unregistering BLSpeech fixes as workaround. Other workaround is disabling the "Send Speak Action in XBMC GUI notifications" by setting to no.

Version 3.0.0.33 of XBMC

Comment

@Blade, is there a problem with having multiple speech proxies?

Comment

@Blade, is there a problem with having multiple speech proxies?
          I know I'm not Blade, but, if you have any two speech proxies running at the same time you will have double speak. It's a HS3 thing. I have seen this with multiple plugins.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

S-F is correct.
            If you have 2 running HS3 will send the speech to both
            Maybe Rich can add an option to select the speech proxy to use or you could only enable the speech proxy in one plugin
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem to have several plugin acting as speech proxies if only one of them is forwarding the speech to HS (call of hs.SpeakProxy).
              That's why all my plugins acting as speech proxies have an option called "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers". Last time I checked it was working properly but for some reason it doesn't work for AgileHumor

Could you set the log level to debug and capture some logs for this duplicate speaking problem.

Comment

Thanks for the tip spud about multiple speech proxies. With logging I was able to determine the Sonos plugin was also acting as a speech proxy. Disabling the Sonos proxy resolved the issue.

On a slightly related note, I'm using tags in BLSpeech like:
                {sound=Chime} Some spoken message.

Is there any way that XBMC text based notifications shown can strip out the {Sound=Chime} so that that any {} tag is ignored?

Comment

On a slightly related note, I'm using tags in BLSpeech like:
                  {sound=Chime} Some spoken message.

Is there any way that XBMC text based notifications shown can strip out the {Sound=Chime} so that that any {} tag is ignored?
                  will do

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.35

Comment

Working...
                    X