ECO Link Door sensor tamper alarm reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I've got.

I have two of these sensors. Both originally included with cover ON. This one I took off the door and removed the cover to remove the battery to exclude. I then included it again, the cover was off during this time. I then put the cover back on and it has stayed in this state... with no button to turn off the tamper notification.

Mindful this is the newer Z-Wave Plus door sensor from Ecolink

Comment

Looked around carefully. My Ecolink Door sensor still works. However:

One of my Aeon 6-1 Sensors reported Cover Removed. Ok, I ran poll. The polling shows status 0 but the device itself stuck at 254="Unknown Event".

I then manually added a Reset button (Copy-pasted everything from Ecolink). The button works but it sets the device value to 1000 (don't know why). Polling returns the device value to 254="Unknown Event".

Meanwhile, the second Aeon 6-1 that originally was at "No Event" turned to "Unknown Event" just from running poll.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

Mindful this is the newer Z-Wave Plus door sensor from Ecolink
        I think you found the reason why mine works and yours doesn't. I have P/N DW-ZWAVE2 and I will guess that you have DW-ZWAVE2.5?

Yours has more child devices than mine does. So Ecolink has definitely changed something. Is this now something that HS should address?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          I think you found the reason why mine works and yours doesn't. I have P/N DW-ZWAVE2 and I will guess that you have DW-ZWAVE2.5?

Yours has more child devices than mine does. So Ecolink has definitely changed something. Is this now something that HS should address?
          I would think HS needs to update for the new device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ping!

Anyone from HS seen this? Any updates for newer devices anytime soon?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              Ping!

Anyone from HS seen this? Any updates for newer devices anytime soon?

+1. They said they were working on it. I have not got an answer back.

Comment

Ok, this particular door sensor is beginning to annoy me. The root parent went to an "Unknown" status so I tried the rescan and nothing worked. Finally I decided to remove/exclude and re-add. On re-adding everything was clean EXCEPT for the battery reading. It was showing nothing. So I left it overnight thinking it would update. So now today I look and still nothing for the battery. Well maybe just maybe the battery is dead. So I replace the battery. In doing so of COURSE the tamper alert is tripped again and now I have that big ugly tamper notice again.

I'm not going through the remove/add process every time I need to change a battery in one of these sensors. I'll buy a different brand/model of sensor before I have to deal with that hassle with multiple sensors. I'm glad I only bought 2 of these for testing. Hopefully HomeSeer updates the z-wave configs for these someday soon. Otherwise I'll be looking AGAIN for another brand of door sensor.

Comment

I'm late to this but I *think* I found a solution to this. On the local Homeseer lan open a web browser and enter:

Code:
                  http://homeseerip/JSON?&request=setdeviceproperty&ref=XXX&property=NewDevValue&value=0
                  replacing homeseerip with your local Homeseer server ip and XXX with the Reference ID of the Home Security entry showing the tamper cover indication.

This set it back to 'No Event'.

Woody

Comment

MY work around was to replace them!

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt

What did you replace them with?
                      Currently I changed them to Insteon open/close sensors. I had a bunch of Zooz sensors also but they are no longer available.

Comment

I’ve been using the sensors for about a month now and they are working very well for me other than the issue with the tamper alarm not resetting automatically. Given that I needed something that could take an external contact, and there does not seem to be anything else z-wave on the market with that right now, they were really my only choice. I guess I could have gone with DSC compatible ones instead.
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          I’ve been using the sensors for about a month now and they are working very well for me other than the issue with the tamper alarm not resetting automatically. Given that I needed something that could take an external contact, and there does not seem to be anything else z-wave on the market with that right now, they were really my only choice. I guess I could have gone with DSC compatible ones instead.
                          Other than the tamper alarm issue they are good sensors. I didn't have any other complaints about them. I replaced all my open/close sensors so it wasn't specifically because of this sensor.

Comment

I can only report that I see the same thing--I have an older Ecolink and a brand new one. The older one has a reset tamper in the created device and the new one does not. Disappointing..

Comment

Greetings,

I just received my HomeTroller today and I only have 2 of these devices I am using as a test.
                              I took what I saw here and came up with this solution:
                              I have a virtual device for each sensor that allows on/off control.
                              I use an event that triggers when it sees the tamper cover opened and turns ON the virtual device.
                              I have a second event that is triggered when I turn OFF the virtual device.
                              This event then runs the script command &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(111,0,True) {make sure the device ID is correct}
                              It will clears the tamper flag on the sensor, making it ready to detect a valid tamper.

If I see the tamper flag I can go verify the sensor was not tampered with and then quickly clear the flag myself, manually.
                              Satisfied my needs.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but it really helped me.

Hope it helps.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
                                I'm late to this but I *think* I found a solution to this. On the local Homeseer lan open a web browser and enter:

Code:
                                http://homeseerip/JSON?&request=setdeviceproperty&ref=XXX&property=NewDevValue&value=0
                                replacing homeseerip with your local Homeseer server ip and XXX with the Reference ID of the Home Security entry showing the tamper cover indication.

This set it back to 'No Event'.

Woody
                                Many years after the fact...having the same issue and this solved my problems. Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X